Animator - Set Bool Parameter

Craze

Hello everyone !

I have been encountering an issue and I am not sure what to do, I looked for solutions but no one seems to have encountered this issue before.

I have a really simple behavior tree with just a single task 'Set Bool Parameter', referencing to a gameObject with an animator, and inside a parameter 'isAiming' bool that I would like to control through the behavior tree.

When I launch the tree, the function returns success but when I check in animator, my parameter bool still has not changed, and I also get this message in the console : "Animator is not playing an animationController, UnityEngine.Animator:GetBool(Int32)"

I am using an animation controller that I created earlier, and does has the corresponding parameter.
Is there something I am missing ?

PS : I am using the behavior tree as a external behavior tree. When I try that not using an external behavior tree, is just works...

Thanks !

That error generally means that the animator isn't enabled or an animator controller isn't set at the time the task runs. If you add a wait task so the set bool task is delayed then that should give the animator time to initialize.

As soon as the external behavior tree is consumed it shouldn't make a difference. Is the animator reference pointing to the correct GameObject?

As soon as the external behavior tree is consumed it shouldn't make a difference. Is the animator reference pointing to the correct GameObject?

It is yes, I am going to try to make it a shared variable to see if that's the issue