Animator BD how-to-smooth transition

Hrohibil

Hi

In the BD there is a play node which I can specify one of my animations and it works.
But how do I deal with a smooth transition using BD?
Say from walk to run ? Right now it just happens instantly without any transition I believe it’s because I just call that PLAY ..

Cheers

Thank you Justin.
That makes perfectly sense.
Do you have any tutorials/documentation on setting parameters using BD?

BTW I just recently so from another post that you are the developer, and to that I must say you take customer service and support to another level... Thank you and please keep doing that..

It makes you unique...

EDIT:
I found this documentation

So if only have 3 to 4 animations the approach is ok? But using the velocity from a navmeshAgent is better.
You mention character controller. I do have ultimate character controller and it is setup to my main player.
I did not know that UCC or controllers also applies for AIs?
If it’s only a few animations we are dealing with does a character controller then makes sence?
Cheers

Last edited:
Do you have any tutorials/documentation on setting parameters using BD?
For the most part it's just add the task and be done with it. There are tasks that allow you to control the animator parameters so it should be pretty straight forward.

BTW I just recently so from another post that you are the developer, and to that I must say you take customer service and support to another level... Thank you and please keep doing that..

It makes you unique...
:)

So if only have 3 to 4 animations the approach is ok? But using the velocity from a navmeshAgent is better.
You mention character controller. I do have ultimate character controller and it is setup to my main player.
I did not know that UCC or controllers also applies for AIs?
If it’s only a few animations we are dealing with does a character controller then makes sence?
If it's only a few animations then UCC is probably overkill. I would go with the parameter method and then if you decide that it makes the tree too big you can switch to the character controller.

Aw man...

You got me really hyped on BD now.
I really want this to work.

Please see my animation setup.

I tested without using BD and everything works fine.

But with the BD setup the animation dont play. He starts patroling but animation is not playing even though it gets the check mark as if it did the task? I use a parallel so the walk animtion and patrol are running at the same time.

I am using bools...

Please advice..
Thank you

Attachments

• 11.png
    11.png
    97.4 KB · Views: 3
Ok i figured it out. I used a bool . But now i used a blend tree setup just like in the documentation. The transitions works but i still feel its instantly, even though in the blend tree it looks much smoother. How can i achieve more smoothness between the animations?