Animation Transitions

MAK

Hi

I have question about, animator has lot's of sub state machines, let's take one i.e. Aim Idle on Base Layer.
In that there are 3 transition states to Aim Idle Blend Tree.

So my concern is that how to design new sub state machines with multiple conditions. Because there is not documentation on this so it's going to be hard to determine every animator's parameters.

Basically my requirement is like when my character has equipped any weapons so i wanted to new animation like aiming on Base Layer, so i am creating new Equip Idle sub state machine on Base Layer. So right now m not clear about Every Animator Parameter so it's hard to design new sub states.

So can you give any proper documentation on it, and also idle way of adding new transition in any layer with multiple transition.

Thanks

+100500

Animation system looks good but it is totally ununderstandable!

It will be good to have some videos about how to setup custom animations from Mixamo or use custom animation controller. How to use non humanoid animations if player/enemy is spider f.e. And also how to use it with FinalIK/PuppetMaster/UMotion.

MAK, you can enable Animator (I don't know why it is disabled in play mode), do some actions and see how any parameter will respond to irritation. This is simplier way for me then investigate source code.

In my practice f.e. I replaced Idle and Moving animation but I still can't replace Jump animation (player is hanging in the air after jump) and these pages didn't help me to solve this problem. Weapon animations also a little bit difficult to understand for me. It will be good to have some video reviews about demo animations. Why they are implemented this way. What nuances they have. What it best way to setup and adjust animations in Unity. There are no deep information about this topic in internet. If you record this video it will be good advertisement of UCC :)

I've written that request down :)

The animator controller included works well for the demo scene but it may not work well with your particular setup. The character controller doesn't care what the animator looks like, it just cares that it has the same parameters. It will take more time but I recommend starting from scratch with the animator controller and adding to it from there. This will allow you to build the animator controller with a setup that fits your particular game the best.