Animation controller structure

Dan5

I have 4 sword animations from Mixamo and read the documentation "replacing animations". Im content with using the demo animation controller and I just want to add two sword animations which play when button 1 or 2 are pressed.
Im used to blend trees like in the Unity learning videos -> if I do my own controller like in the Unity learning video (identical blend trees etc.) will I still be able to use Opsive abilities like "ride", "rideable", "ragdoll" or walking on uneven ground etc.?

Last edited:
Im only using the third person controller (not interested in first person).

Last edited:
You will need to create a new animator controller that has all of the same parameters as what the character controller uses. So you will likely need to change the blend trees from the Unity Learn videos since different parameters are used.

The Opsive animator controller with its parameters is different to Unitys learning videos about animator controllers. There are many similiar threads in the forum about this and I wish someone could showcase it step by step in a video :/

This video is made with version 2 but the animator controller hasn't changed at all in version 3. It explains how the animator controller parameters are setup:

This video is a general overview of the structure and I don't have a step by step video on replacing a specific animation because each animation has a slightly different setup. If you are still unsure on how the animator controller works I think the best route is to copy the project structure of a Unity Learn video and go through the Learn videos. This knowledge can then be directly transferred to the controller since you will then have the base understanding necessary.