ALL items show at same time when they have holster IDs

BJPickles

Latest UTPM, PUN2, PUN Addon.

Unfortunately when a player joins, it reveals ALL the weapons.

The only weapons available are run-time pickups. I've tested all the weapons and they are synced across the network. I.e they do damage and visibly change states / holstered for both clients when viewed.

Furthermore when all the items are physically picked up by a character, they work fine and can be holstered (to which they fit the correct position).
Any ideas why the items would be showing on-join? They shouldn't even be in the inventory until they're picked up, yet they are showing on remote characters that join.

Both HOST and REMOTE both see all weapons enabled on the opposite character.

Last edited:
Okay so it appears that the items that are visible are DUE TO THEM HAVING SPECIFIC HOLSTER IDs. I removed the holster IDs in the (pun) item prefabs (Not the pickups), and it works.

There appears to be an issue with holstering over the network.

I just tried to reproduce this in version 2.2.7 which is going out shortly. I had made some holster changes and I wasn't able to reproduce it so give that a try after 2.2.7 is released.

So after having completely remade my project, there are no longer any errors at all and everything is on the latest version.
This issue is still occurring - this is specifically with holstering.

The character spawns with the items "enabled" on the remote player joining. Once the player uses the pickup, the player can then holster the weapon visually on my screen, but they should be disabled by default.

Is there a button to set them to spawn disabled?

EDIT: as a note, I've also found that upon death, the issue is solved? I would also say that it's not particularly easy to recreate this in the demo scene but I know I'm not the only person to face this issue.

Last edited:
Can you tell me how to reproduce it within the demo scene so I can take a look?

Sorry, forgot to add that! I've made a video, but I've also added the steps below.

Recreate steps:
1. Create a holster on your character.
2. Assign the holster ID for the runtime pickup. I chose the Katana from the demo scene instead of creating a new weapon.
3. Build and join the game with 2 clients to see the effect.

I fumble a fair bit in the video. No audio.
I edited to the demo scene menu to test out my character manager, but it was removed from the test and replaced with the SingleCharacterSpawnManager, which spawned the base NolanPun. The buttons were duds.

Please note there were no errors during the process. Build was in development mode, also.

Video summary:
- Test to prove no issues that NolanPun works fine in demo scene with Katana.
- Add holster & holster ID to Katana. (Had an airhead moment where I thought it was the sword...)
- Test that holster works. (Holster isn't positioned, which had an unfortunate phallic nature. My bad!)
-
Build and test to see issue.

Last edited:
Thanks! I was able to reproduce it. I'll have this fixed in the next update.