Ai Ignore walls

Shanmukh

I made a AI Agent using ucc demo Behaviour tree. this script is ignore walls.
Shooting Through Wall 2.JPGShooting Through Wall 3.JPG
this is i found when it happen
Shooting Through Wall 4.JPG

how to rectify this problem

I would first set the Look Transform on the Local Look Source:

From there if the Can See Object task is still seeing through walls take a look at this thread:

first i shoot Ai Agent. then agent start shooting. that time i take a cover. when agent start seek task. that time agent do not avoid walls.
agent trying continuously shooting and seek but not avoid walls.

If you place a breakpoint within CanSeeObject.OnUpdate it should give you a good idea of why Can See Object is returning true when it should return false.

got it thank u.
i have a another problem seek task sometimes ignore navmesh.
agents move straight way. they ignore walls and navmesh.

Glad you got it - what was the cause?

i have a another problem seek task sometimes ignore navmesh.
agents move straight way. they ignore walls and navmesh.

Can you reproduce it within the demo integration scene?

Glad you got it - what was the cause?

Can you reproduce it within the demo integration scene?

I am having a similar issue to this.
For example if you set the attack range to something like 20 and increase the search distance.
Then if the player moves around a wall, the ai agent will continue t walk into the wall and fire. This occurs within the demo scene also.

Is there a way to make it still take the nav mesh into consideration?

Last edited:
When the character is firing you can tell the NavMeshAgent to disable the rotation. This will should then allow you to have the navmesh control the position. I have added this to my list to extend the NavMeshMovement ability in order to automatically do it.

When the character is firing you can tell the NavMeshAgent to disable the rotation. This will should then allow you to have the navmesh control the position. I have added this to my list to extend the NavMeshMovement ability in order to automatically do it.
Hi
Can you please explain how can I do it?

My AI stucks at walls when they are aiming

1588858039727.png

I solved this problem by unchecking "Rotate Towards Look Source Target" in the Aim ItemAbility of my AI.

Last edited: