AI Agent falls through floor collider during aerial animation

wuche

Hi,

I have an animation from Mixamo that has the AI Agent jump up and then slam the ground. It was working properly before, but I decided to remake the AI Agent using a higher scale model. Ever since then, when it performs the ground stomp, when it hits the ground the entire AI Agent just falls through the floor collider.

This also occurs when I have a death animation where the AI agent crumbles to the floor. I made the bug into a feature because I thought the AI Agent falling through the floor was a nice touch, but now I should really address it.

Any ideas?

After making the boss's additional colliders to Character instead of Sub-character, the boss no longer sinks through the floor during those animations, but instead makes the character really "Bouncy" when hitting the floor collider, as if it's doing the worm on the floor in a really unnatural non-ragdolly way. How do I make the character less "bouncy" upon crashing to the floor? As in, I just want it to stay in place while it goes through the death animation.

Last edited:
It sounds like there's a lot going on so I'm not sure what is causing what. You don't need to set all of the colliders to the Character layer - this will cause collision problems. If you can start with a fresh project and list exactly what you did to cause the character going through the floor that would be helpful.

1. Download Mixamo animation.
1B. Configure Mixamo animation for Humanoid, and also bake into pose Root Transform Rotation based upon Body Orientation and also bake into pose Root Transform Position (Y) based upon Original, Apply to Animation.
2. Create New Character Manager
3. Create Ability for New Character
4. Configure Ability Index Parameter for both Ability and Animation Condition
5. Apply Mixamo animation to State
6. Trigger Ability during runtime
7. Boss goes through Animation, falls through floor at the end of it

That's pretty high level - can you list the steps from this post? Also, start simple. Start with a new character and ensure that character doesn't fall through the floor. Then add a new ability, then trigger it, etc. Take it one step at a time so you can get a better idea of what is causing the problem.

Sorry, was really busy this week. Will try to recreate these steps in more detail when I get a chance. For now, my bandaid is to avoid any animations that trigger this unwanted behavior.