Agility Pack - Dodge - False Direction in 2.5D

Hello,

I have set up a character and assigned the dodge ability to work without a target or aim, and set no velocity direction to backwards, and start type to double press. In demo scene (3rd person adventure) when I only double press jump he does jump backwards (dodge); however, in 2.5D scene and that kind of character, the character always tries to jump sidesways (strafe jump), regardless of which direction I choose for no velocity dodge. If I am holding down, then the character will jump backwards. Could you optimize this for 2.5D?

Thank you.

Thanks for letting me know. Within Hang.AbilityStarted try doing a find and replace and replace all of the instances of:

Code:
RawInputVector
With:
Code:
InputVector

There will be four instances that you need to change.

I am looking at Hang.cs. Do you mean under this function?:

Code:
protected override void AbilityStarted()
        {
            m_LastHangObject = m_DetectedObject;
            m_GroundedStart = m_CharacterLocomotion.Grounded;
            m_CanChangeVertically = false;
/CODE]

There are 13 instances of RawInputVector, but none of these seem to be under AbilityStarted(). Am I looking at the right place?

Are you referring to hang or dodge? Your first message mentions dodge, but you pasted code for hang. I will go through and ensure all of the abilities work with 2.5D.

You are right :) I think you asked me to look at Hang.AbilityStarted, so I got confused. I was having issues with both, so, must have mixed them up.