Agents doesn't avoid eachother at all

Ahrazadam

I Use Behavior Designer and 3d Person Character controller. I use the demo agent from integration demo scene however When I duplicate the agent. While patrolling they doesnt avoid eachother and stucking. I am trying to fix it for 3 days but I have no solution. What do I do wrong?

If I use NavmeshObstacle Component, Agents just begin to act weird. They try to avoid themselves. I am missing something? On the otherhand shouldn't they avoid other agents already in regard to navmesh agent priority numbers? Why BD and/or UCC ignores local avoidance.

Last edited:
Why BD and/or UCC ignores local avoidance.
It doesn't - the agents go where the NavMeshAgent says to go. The only time that I have seen the NavMeshAgent actively avoid other agents is with the obstacle component.. But the navmesh may have changed its implementation since the last time I used it in depth.

One way to debug this is to place a breakpoint within NavMeshAgentMovement.Update and see why the agents are running into each other.

NavMeshObstacle only works when you disable the NavAgent, otherwise the NavAgent will indeed try to avoid itself

@Justin Agents Locomotion doesn't go where the Navmesh says to go, And I really need help about it. They goes places they shouldn't and they stuck places they should pass. Sometimes They stuck edges or stairs that navmesh says they can pass. And while attacking the player they completely ignore navmesh. I deselect the "Detect Horitonzal" section and now they goes through all the objects on the map while attacking the player. Here is a SS Agent goes through a house while navmesh componet wait at the edge of navmesh.
Navigation 2.png
@bazzboyy1 When I disable Navagent the Agent immidiately stops.

Are you able to reproduce it within the Behavior Designer integration scene from a fresh project?