About the Ultimate Inventory System

Rail

Sorry, I must have been in the wrong forum to ask the question.

Hello!
I would like to ask you a few questions

(1)
(
)
(
)

I have a question about Ultimate Inventory System. I set up the Item View Slot Container using the classic version of the above two with reference to the video.

However, when I increase the number of item slots and then change the GridLayer from Grid to Other, the item slots behave incorrectly.

In the scene where the WASD button is used to select an item slot on its own when moving, pressing W or S should select the item at the top or bottom, but it behaves strangely. (as shown in the video)

(2)
Even if the "Allow Deselection While Gameplay panel Selected" checkbox is checked to prevent the move button from selecting items on its own, the item continues to be selected and there is no effect.

(3)
Scrolling is also not working and I followed the video but it does not make sense.
Does it only work with floating panels?

(4)
I see a character in the inventory screen in the demo scene, but I would like to know how to make my 3D model appear on the right side and stop it from rotating.
Do I need to write my own script?

(5)
I am making a survival craft game like minecraft, and I want to send items directly to the inventory when I cut down trees or smash rocks.

I have already created scripts for cutting trees and crushing rocks, and I want to send the appropriate quantity to my inventory.

(6)
I saw on the forum that there will be an update for online multiplayer in a post in 2020 or so, is it currently supported?

Last edited:
1)
Changing the Layer shouldn't change the navigation in any way so I'm not sure what happened there.
But we have a component called something similar to "GridLayoutNavigation" (the name could be wrong I do not have the project open)
This component can be added next to the GridLayout (parent of all the ItemViewSlots) and is used to set the navigation to manual connections. It uses the GridLyout information to know how to connect the ItemViewSlots.
Sometimes the component is already there but is disabled, you can right click on the component and press the "refresh navigation" button if you want to do it once. If you enable the component it will also do it at runtime (which some people prefer not to)

2) I'm not sure I understand the question here. The "Allow Deselection While Gameplay panel Selected" is Only while the gameplay panel is selected, when you open the Inventory Grid, the Gameplay panel is no longer selected.
If you want to remove the functionality to keep at least one selectable selected (useful only if you are making a game with controller only) then you can remove or disable the "Prevent Selectable Deselection" component (also on the canvas)

3) No the scrolling works on any kind of window. I would suggest checking on of the Feature scenes so that you can see an bare bones example of how that works with some additional explanation.

4) Yes, there are many solutions for this.
In the demo scene we Have two characters. The main character in the scene and the UI Character. We ensure they are both synced to show the same equipment.
To show the 3D character in the UI we use an additional Camera that renders to a RenderTexture and then set that Texture to a RawImage component in the UI.
Just make sure the UI Character and Camera are on a seperate layer that the main camera Culls completely.

Another solution is to use the same character and just have a camera that points to you main character but from a different angle. This has some complications but can be an easy alternative that requires no coding.

5)For that you can do it in script very easily simple by calling the relevant function example "characterInventory.AddItem("rock",1)".
You can find better documentated examples here:

6) We do not support Online multiplayer officially yet. We have some devs working on something for multiplayer but we have no ETA.
That being said alot of people have made their own solution that work great. Their solution varied greatly from just saving data to cloud or going all the way to syncing item exchanges in real time. It really depends on your use case.
You can check the forum for similar question and perhaps take contact with users that are making something similar to what you want

I hope that guides you in the right direction

Hello.
Sorry it taking so long to reply.

I took a video of the phenomenon in question 1.
I'm not too concerned about it as long as I don't make any changes to OTHER, but is this likely a bug?

As for question 2, I was able to solve it by disabling the Prevent Selectable Deselection component, Thanks!

I understand to some extent how to set the character to the UI and will give it a try.

As well as how to send items to inventory.

As for online support... I couldn't find it after a quick look in the forums.
I will try to find some more.

Anyway, sorry for the delay. Thank you!

What an odd bug...
I'll add it to the list of things to investigate.
In any case you can fix that manually by duplicating/deleting the ItemViewSlots in the scene hierachy directly