About the ShootableWeapon Setup (Assault Rifle, Bow) video

chris73it

Hi,

About the ShootableWeapon Setup (Assault Rifle, Bow) video https://opsive.com/videos/shootable-weapon-setup-assault-rifle-bow/?pid=923
at around 13:01 it shows the Item Set Manager component, but it looks different from the one I have (even though I followed all videos in order up to that point, except that I only use the 3rd person view) in particular:
1. For me Item Collection is MyItemCollection instead than the demo one (DemoItemCollection)
2. Even switching to the DemoItemCollection the layout looks very different

QUESTION: How am I suppose to adapt that part?

Also, when the video mentions "swapping weapon from rifle to bow": how is that done: pressing what button?

Thank you! Chris

How am I suppose to adapt that part?
As long as you are using a consestant Item Collection the actual Item Collection reference doesn't matter. At 13:01 you can just use the Item Type that you created for the bow.

Also, when the video mentions "swapping weapon from rifle to bow": how is that done: pressing what button?
At 13:01? That was swapping the starting item set so you do that within the editor's reorderable list.

ItemSetManagerComponent.png
As long as you are using a consestant Item Collection the actual Item Collection reference doesn't matter. At 13:01 you can just use the Item Type that you created for the bow.

At 13:01? That was swapping the starting item set so you do that within the editor's reorderable list.

>>> No, I meant "How do I switch weapon during play mode". Notice that I am NOT using the UI so I am looking for a key/shortcut to do that. Thank you!

Last edited:
View attachment 1633

In the video at 13:01 in the Item Set Manager component there are all sort of entries that are prepopulated: where do they come from?

Last edited:
No, I meant "How do I switch weapon during play mode".
You can use the equip abilities that are added automatically when you create the character. By default the Equip Next, Equip Previous, Equip Scroll, and Toggle Equip abilities are added which then call the Equip Unequip ability.

In the video there are all sort of entries that are prepopulated: where do they come from?
In the video only the assault rifle and bow item sets are added, which are created automatically when you add the item. If you don't have the item row you can click the plus button on the reorderable list.

You can use the equip abilities that are added automatically when you create the character. By default the Equip Next, Equip Previous, Equip Scroll, and Toggle Equip abilities are added which then call the Equip Unequip ability.

In the video only the assault rifle and bow item sets are added, which are created automatically when you add the item. If you don't have the item row you can click the plus button on the reorderable list.

Thank you, I did that and it worked!
Chris