Abort will not work to exit patrol Sequence to seek Sequence

I followed as much documentation I could and looked at the tutorials of the movement pack and youtube tutorials but they are really basic as I couldn't find anything on how to create an enemy who patrols from waypoint to waypoint and then if your player comes into view the enemy will chase you so I made my own and the issue I am having is that my enemy will not abort the patrol to chase the player even when the player comes into view.

So no matter how I organize the sequence or the abort conditons the enemy will stay stuck in the patrolling and I even added a can see object to the right of the patrol just in case and it won't even exit to that so is this a bug or?

Behaviour Designer Bug.png

Patrol will always return running so the only way to stop it is to use conditional aborts or interrupts. In your screenshot Can See Object is returning failure so the current state makes sense. As soon as Can See Object returns success then Patrol will be stopped.

Patrol will always return running so the only way to stop it is to use conditional aborts or interrupts. In your screenshot Can See Object is returning failure so the current state makes sense. As soon as Can See Object returns success then Patrol will be stopped.
Sorry I don't understand what you are saying I am a beginner and so running into the enemy vision is supposed to stop the patrol but it doesn't so how do I solve this could be give a step by step?

I am still struggling with this issue and have tried to re-order the nodes but still no luck. The documentation says however that the enemy can see should not be yellow it should be red is this correct so does this mean that something is blocking my enemy can see?

And how do you interrupt the patrol when conditional aborts aren't working?

Attachments

• AI Bug 2.png
    AI Bug 2.png
    502.7 KB · Views: 7
Update it now works I see it's because my player's transform gizmo shows as being at my characters feet but I thought it would see my characters body from feet to head. This is pretty sad it should not be like this and I was lucky to find an answer before I considered bailing on this package.

I would really like an update for it to be a box collider or something.

Attachments

• AI Bug 3.png
    AI Bug 3.png
    630.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Now I'm still having an issue where the sequences will not switch to the other. The patrol task is always running so why does the abort not work because the enemy should see the player and switch sequence now that I fixed the can see issue?

As soon as Can See Object returns Success the Patrol task will end. For an explanation take a look at this page:

You can debug why Can See Object is returning failure:

Now I'm still having an issue where the sequences will not switch to the other. The patrol task is always running so why does the abort not work because the enemy should see the player and switch sequence now that I fixed the can see issue?
Based on your latest tree it doesn't look like you have the Patrol task included at all. I would start with a setup similar to the above video.