A*Pathfinding + Align to ground issue

Dralks

I have an enemy that has the ability "Align to ground", it works perfectly, if I tell this enemy to walk in a straight line it will walk on walls and ceilings, now I was implementing A*Pathfinding as I'm familiar with it and I could put the pathfinder mesh on floors and walls without any issue, but the enemy cannot follow the target on walls, I can see that the pathfinder correctly sets the path to climb the wall and reach the target but my guess is that pathfinder completely locks the character rotation making "align to ground" useless, so the enemy just walks in place instead of keep on going.

Is this a known issue? If so what is the easiest way to solve it and get both abilities to work together.

1645928291410.png

I didn't know that A* supported this. Thanks for letting me know - it does sound like the A* integration needs to be updated. I can let you know after I have a chance to look at it.

anything on this? I managed to put pathfinder around all walls but the pathfinder code is clearly clamping the character rotation (I can see it setting the rotation in the pathfinder ability which contradicts the instructions of the "Align To Ground" ability) I would love to implement an "official solution" as opposed to mess up the code myself

No updates yet, let me know if you get a chance before I do and I can review your changes.

I moved to navmesh trying to solve this issue, there it kind of works, you need to make the character jump and it is a little buggy but I don't want to spend more time on this so that will do for now, still interested in a solution