A* pathfinder / Behaviour designer - Spinning death

I have a very basic A* patrol set up, when i kill the AI character something weird happens - see video

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture2.png
    Picture2.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 1
Are you able to reliably reproduce that spinning? I've been trying to reproduce it forever but haven't been able to reliably reproduce it in order to track it down. If you can send me that repro scene so I can take a closer look at it that would be great.

Yeah, it happens every time I kill him before he gets to the first way-point, occasionally after the first way point he dies normally.

Should I Use the Repro Project Wizard?

Thanks for the repro scene. If you click on the main character GameObject you'll see that the rotation doesn't change so it's related to the child ragdoll colliders. As a test I decreased the size of all of them and the character no longer spinned. The values that I used were too small though so it'll take some tweaking in order to get a good ragdoll. I guess I need to go back and do the same with Nolan.

Would you recommend changing the size of the colliders in Unity inspector tab or using a tool like puppet master?

Attachments

• 1556377699655.png
    1556377699655.png
    552.1 KB · Views: 2
I would use the Unity inspector - PuppetMaster isn't integrated yet though the last that I heard the publisher is working on an integration.