A few task questions

Hamesh

Hi @Justin ,

I am looking into the different BD tasks now and just wanted some clarity around a few tasks if you don't mind:

Can See Object - Is there a way to shoot the raycast vertically down to the ground checking within a radius around the player? The context would be to check if a grenade is nearby for example. I was considering Within Distance instead but I also wanted to make sure the Ai can actually see it not simply always know when it is close.

Can Hear Object - How would I go about checking if there is an object between the sound and AI? For example a footsep 1m away would be different it it happened behind a wall.

Start Equip Unequip - Can this not be used for an AI to switch items/weapons?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Can See Object - Is there a way to shoot the raycast vertically down to the ground checking within a radius around the player? The context would be to check if a grenade is nearby for example. I was considering Within Distance instead but I also wanted to make sure the Ai can actually see it not simply always know when it is close.
You can specify the target for Can See Object and with that it would check where that object is located.

Can Hear Object - How would I go about checking if there is an object between the sound and AI? For example a footsep 1m away would be different it it happened behind a wall.
This will likely take a new task which combines Can See and Can Hear.

Start Equip Unequip - Can this not be used for an AI to switch items/weapons?
Yes, of course!

You can specify the target for Can See Object and with that it would check where that object is located.

Thank you for that, just thinking though how specifying an actual object would work since there could be several grenades instantiated in the scene at any one time?

Thank you for that, just thinking though how specifying an actual object would work since there could be several grenades instantiated in the scene at any one time?
You could either use a specific layer mask for the grenade or set it dynamically using the shared variable system. For the Deathmatch AI Kit in order to detect grenades I added a wide trigger to the agent which would then set a shared variable when the grenade came within the trigger.