A battlefield style vehicle seating/weapon controller

FastSkillTeam

Here's a little demo of my drive ability offline. It all works online also, just a few minor things to complete and polish.

ok, so here's a functionality list.. 1. Automatically choose between left or ride door entry. 2. Teleport to seat/car in NOT independent of ability, but of each seat, in conjunction with #1, so where ever you enter or the given "free" seat and entry point is, determines if you can enter, going for realism... so naturally I have also included the animation or teleport control to exit from whatever side you may of ended up in. 3. Not only can any seat have a weapon fixed to vehicle, but it can include as many as you have spare input keys for! secondary guns, smoke deploy etc etc endless possibilities with minimal setup effort. 4. works with rcc or not, you can use your own vehicle drive system along side it, or simply have nothing... perfect for a stationary weapon or maybe an "object" with many weapons attached depending on seat setups... 5. endless seat counts, just add as you will. 6. WORKS ONLINE AND KNOWS WHEN A VEHICLE IS FULL OR WHICH SEAT TO GET INTO. 7. each seat can determine visibility of player or not, AND if not visible automatically makes player invincible, else will make player invincible if direct seat has its bool checked, handy for visible player but bulletproof glass etc. 8. WORKS WITHH RCC as mentioned.. 9. Choose view by seat, handy for vehicle weapon setups. 10. NO EXTRA CAMERAS. In fact the whole code has been made optimally, with performance in mind.
In saying that its all for first person UCC, I do not own the third person UCC, so third person view currently comes from RCC camera in the vids. This is something I will make better. Seats already have ability to choose third or first person, but I haven't added view change keys or the system it will need just yet for runtime view change and weapon accuracy.
ANY FEEDBACK OR SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME!!

This is amazing! Fantastic job!

Does this allow for passengers to use weapons in their inventory? Or are the weapons only on the vehicle/seats?

Thanks BrickyT, currently I have not even looked into adding gta syle functionality for passengers as of yet. It is very likely I will incorporate this if I can. Many people seem to want that functionality it appears. Currently weapons are fixed to object only, then you add that weapon to the seat you'd like to operate it from.

Cool. I have also made to shoot from car available. But one thing that is annoying is that he uses the both hands for shooting while in car. Only pistols are available to use in car , because that seems logic. So I was wondering if it's possible to use hand IK to the left hand while in car ? so it will override the shooting animation and still drive the car ?

Cool. I have also made to shoot from car available. But one thing that is annoying is that he uses the both hands for shooting while in car. Only pistols are available to use in car , because that seems logic. So I was wondering if it's possible to use hand IK to the left hand while in car ? so it will override the shooting animation and still drive the car ?
Funny you say that, just today I made an IK controller to save making animations for hand and feet placement in vehicles etc, so players hands can now follow steering wheel/weapon handles etc with minimal setup, I am going to look into incorporating a similar system for shooting character bound weapons from a vehicle, if you simply want one hand ensure you set the mask in your ability to the arm you want to display.

I made it from scratch, I used to use it with ufpsv1 on the same system I built for it. I looked into the ability ik but its not suitable for my needs from what I can see.

I can also offer special price for people that are interested before release of my full vehicle integration, and entitle them to each published release when time comes. feedback/ testing by those that can, would be also considered for license to my products, therefore after alpha and beta its free on asset store for "early bird testers"

Here's a little update, multiplayer test build, still a couple bugs to squash but its coming together, vehicles not syncing shooting, I forgot to swap the projectiles over to pun, but not concerned with that as of yet as I will be be making a better system for firing vehicle weapons than it currently has

[edit] this link should be updated to the latest build now
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14_ovdsy4bQW3svBMj2A7H2eKg-GW-wPy/view?usp=sharing

Last edited: