3rd Person - Top Down - move and rotate

Cetix

Hi,

I'm using the Third Person Controller (V 2.1.4) with Top Down view and Top Down as movement type. I've also enabled "Realtive Camera Movement" and the Cursor is also enabled (so the character looks to the mouse position). If I move in one direction (e.g. west) and rotate the mouse around the character, he is then moving south/west. If I do not move the mouse, he is normally moving to the west. This behaviour is also in the demo sceen.

I've modified many settings and did not found any solution (or I'm blind to find the correct setting). Maybe someone has an idea? :)

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Justin,

thanks for you answer. I've made a short video:

I move only in one direction (right). When I rotate the mouse around the character he moves diagonal, but I want that the character should still move to the right (and not diagonal).

Last edited:
Hi Justin,

thanks for you answer.

No, my character must look at the mouse position (what he is already doing). If I press D for moving to the right and rotate the character (by moving the mouse around the character) he should stay on the x-axis, but in my case, he also moves to y-axis (as you can see in the video). I want to achieve a character controller for a top down - two stick shooter.

By enabling Move In Look Direction the character will always stay on the same axis, but it won't always look in the mouse direction. It sounds like the Movement Type needs to be modified a bit to support your use case. I have written it down and will try get it in the next version (I don't have an ETA on that yet though). In the meantime if you have scripting experience it shouldn't take too much to modify the Movement Type.

Thanks again for your anwer. I'm not moving in look direction. I already move independently of the look direction ("Relative Camera Movement" in Ultimate Character Locomotion is enabled). But here is the problem. If I move the mouse around the character while he moves in one direction (lets say right), he also moves up which results in a diagonal (top/right) movement. If I stop moving the mouse, he moves only right. Hope you understand what I want. :)

PS: Like this movement:

Thanks