UMA + FinalIKBridge

adampliska

Hello,
Hoping someone can help me with a problem trying to add FinalIKBridge to an UMA setup that uses the Ultimate Character Controller.

I am doing the UMA setup though code, using the provided UMA Character Builder, and the UMA Ability Builder scripts. I can get the UMA loaded, I can move around, and it appears that the character controller is working exactly as I need. Next I loaded FinalIK, and added the provided LookAtIK script to the UMA character. Then I downloaded the FinalIKBridge and added that to the UMA character as well. Because I am not using the FullBodyBipedIK, I needed to add the head on my own, which I did by looking for the head transform, and setting m_Head, before Awake is called on the FinalIKBridge component. I run the game, and everything hooks up without any visible error. I see a new game object has been added called Character IK Target. However… my UMA character has the jitters. It’s like the FinalIK parts are fighting with the controller. I’ve attached a GIF to this thread.

I’ve check the script order from another thread FinalIKBridge is -8 and the KinematicObjectManager is -5. I’ve tried to set a target on the Local Look Source script, but that doesn’t stop the jitter.

Any advice on what to try next?

Attachments

• UMAFinalIKBridge.gif
    UMAFinalIKBridge.gif
    715.5 KB · Views: 8
To start with the basics, does the FinalIK bridge component work correctly for you with a non-UMA character? With FBIK?

Fair enough question. I will need a bit of time to play with that. I don't have any non-UMA characters in my current project. I'll spin up a new one quick and see if those iterations work for me. I suspect they will, and I expect that my issue is related to the codified approach I took to using UMA with the controller.

I'll get back to you :)

Another thing I just realized... I just assumed I could use the LookAtIK script without the FullBodyBipedIK. I will try adding that as well.

Hey there, just wanted to get back to you. So, it seems that the FullBodyBipedIK is REQUIRED for the LookIK stuff to work... I'm not sure why I didn't guess this. Once I added the full body stuff, the look hooked up to the local look source script, and all is working perfectly. Thanks for your support, and for the great asset.