Projectile settings clarity

nRedux

I'm setting settings in both the shootable weapon and projectile to control movement.
In the shootable weapon component we have: Projectile Fire Velocity Magnitude whose tooltip doesn't clarify how exactly it affects the settings within the projectile or if it's actually the master control for speed on the projectile.

In the projectile itself we have: Speed and Start Velocity Multiplier.

So is Speed the core underlying handler with the starting velocity multiplier just to... multiply against this? And is the Fire Vel Magnitude to affect projectiles fired from that specific gun at some alternate velocity? The tooltips aren't helping and as far as I can see the manual documentation skip sall of these settings.

I have routines calculating parabolic trajectories which I use for identifying initial conditions to fire at and hit moving targets and I'm having a real hard time seeing how these values correlate. Is the projectile motion Newtonian?

After digging through the code I see Projectile Fire Velocity Magnitude is what determines the initial condition and speed is what determines the speed at which we travel through the parabolic curve. The projectile magnitude multiplier/speed seem to almost be the same value, interchanging their values has the same effect on the trajectory. Setting the initial condition using the gun fire magnitude and leaving the projectile magnitude and speed settings set to 1 results in a predictable curve.

These settings could use clarification in the manual.

Speed is a multiplier of the initial velocity. It is used on line 546 of TrajectoryObject:

Code:
            var targetPosition = position + m_Velocity * m_Speed * deltaTime;