Shotgun Reload Issue (Slot0ItemStateIndex never changes to 3)

Doody

Hi all,

Having an issue setting up a working shotgun. I've set it up using the video tutorial just like the rest of the weapons in my game (which are all working perfectly) .. but for some reason the reload animation won't play and the gun won't reload. I've debugged the animator and it looks like Slot0ItemStateIndex won't change to 3 on empty or on pressing the reload key.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Is the Reload ability itself definitely activating and configured correctly? E.g. it should be on the top of the Item Abilities list, have an Item State Index of 3, Action ID of 0 (or matching your ShootableWeapon's action ID). You can use the demo as a comparison to make sure you haven't missed anything there.

Hi all,

Having an issue setting up a working shotgun. I've set it up using the video tutorial just like the rest of the weapons in my game (which are all working perfectly) .. but for some reason the reload animation won't play and the gun won't reload. I've debugged the animator and it looks like Slot0ItemStateIndex won't change to 3 on empty or on pressing the reload key.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Me too I have the same problem and did everything showed in the demo and it still doesn't work. Don't know why

So I tried to set a shotgun with the Nolan character in a new scene, copied and pasted the same values as in the demo. Idle and Fire animation worked, but not the reload one. The Slot0ItemIndez won't change to 3 and get stuck, so I'm unable to do anything else. Go back in the demo scene and it worked just fine. Back in the new scene no longer. I'm using the same arms, the same animator, the same models, the same values as in the demo ( so don't tell me tu use the demo as a reference cause that what I did ).

You can turn on logging on the animator monitor to see whether the index is set, or not. You should also check whether the reload is waiting for an animation event.

Ok well I checked the animator monitor and the index change to 3 like it's supposed, but it still doesn't play the animation and I did use the controller from the demo scene ( which by the way work in the demo scene ).

If the parameter is changing to a value of 3 then it sounds like the correct value is being sent. You should then check the animator to ensure the correct animation is playing with that parameter value.