Mixamo/Fuse characters fall though the floor

No - it's the same set of files. Try a fresh project to see if that works and if it doesn't can you post the steps to reproduce?

I've been having this issue with Nolan in the UltimateCharacterController demo, the code fix above didn't do anything to fix it, and neither did updating. I accidentally purchased the upgrade for TPC to TPC2, followed by the full first person controller rather than the ultimate character controller. is it possible I'm missing something because of that?

Are you using Gaia or Unity terrain system? Make sure your solid objects layer on your character has *all* the solid objects you'll collide with. I've got my Gaia terrain on it's own layer, for instance. I had to make sure to set Solid Objects to include the Terrain layer. (I hit the same issue, and it took me like 20 minutes of being blind to realize this was what I was missing.)

I encountering the same issue as this, where my character is falling through the floor when using a Mixamo animation.

I originally used this animation on my first prototype TPC2 character, which is using a Nolan character. It was working just fine.

Now that I'm trying to create a new character with a model I purchased from the asset store, I'm running into issues.

When I don't use the animation, the new character is properly situated on the floor, but when I do use the animation, it just falls through the floor.

Please see this screenshot:

1547786488345.png

I'll also record a video showing an example of the prototype character and the new character.

Make sure your character's scale and collider is using a scale of 1,1,1. Non uniform scales will be supported in 2.1. Beyond that the pivot point of the character should be at the characters feet.

Hah! As I was recording the video to demonstrate the bug, I realized my error. Of course, it was self-inflicted.

I accidentally set the base CapsuleCollider to the Subcharacter layer instead of the Character layer. Once I changed it back, it worked just fine.

Make sure your character's scale and collider is using a scale of 1,1,1. Non uniform scales will be supported in 2.1. Beyond that the pivot point of the character should be at the characters feet.

Didn't see this earlier, yeah I had encountered this when I tried to go above 1, 1, 1 in scale a few days ago. I've since increased the scale of the base models I'm working with and created the new character, which is a nifty workaround until 2.1 comes out.

I have the same problem. Upgrading does not fix it, neither does turning off CapsuleColliderPositioner. I'm using Ethan from the Standard Assets. Collision layers are set correctly.

The procedure works with Nolan (as long as you don't select root motion).

Last edited:
Root motion shouldn't affect the grounding status. Here are some things to check:

- All of the characters scales are set to 1, 1, 1
- The collider layers are set to Character

I have setup Ethan before so it's probably one of those two. I would also create a new project and start from that just to ensure there is nothing else getting in the way.

Root motion shouldn't affect the grounding status. Here are some things to check:

- All of the characters scales are set to 1, 1, 1
- The collider layers are set to Character

I have setup Ethan before so it's probably one of those two. I would also create a new project and start from that just to ensure there is nothing else getting in the way.

I might have expressed myself less than clearly. Root motion has nothing to do with Ethan falling through the terrain. Switching it on prevents the character from changing direction at all, presumably since the demo animations don't have root motion encoded in them. A wholly separate issue.

No, the problem is that there seems to be no way of preventing Ethan from falling through the terrain. And the layers are set correctly.

I just tried a fresh project with Ethan and he didn't fall through the terrain:

1548185982466.png

For this I just used the standard character manager setup so didn't change anything after he was created. Here is also the scene that i used (Unity 2018.3, Ultimate Character Controller 2.0.7): http://www.filedropper.com/scene

It happens a lot with Mixamo animations. But it's easy to fix. You have to Force T-Pose on the avatar's animation on the configure button on the Rig Tab. T_Pose is a small button at the botton of the bones's list.

I'm also seeing my character fall through the floor when using a Mixamo animation. Forcing T-Pose didn't seem to help either. I'm on UCC 2.1.1 if that makes a difference.

What's the correct way to import and use the Mixamo animations on Nolan? My process was:
- Select X Bot character and then pick an animation
- Download (FBX for Unity), With skin, 30 fps, no Keyframe reduction
- In Unity, import and set to Humanoid on the Rig tab and leave the rest. Enabled Loop Time, Loop Pose and baked rotation pose.
- Set the motion on my animator controller state to use the animation (followed the Scripting New Abilities tutorial)

It happens a lot with Mixamo animations. But it's easy to fix. You have to Force T-Pose on the avatar's animation on the configure button on the Rig Tab. T_Pose is a small button at the botton of the bones's list.

I'm running this issue with various Mixamo animations. I've enabled "Enforce T-Pose" on the Avatar's configuration as you stated, but it did not work unfortunately. Any ideas?