item gets picked up immediatly regardless of "wait for animation" event or custom set wait time

MarkusKer

I am trying to customize the time a item gets picked up after i start the ability. I swapped the default animation to a longer one, meaning the item should be picked up a bit later. I added the corresponding animation events but nothing changed. Even with the option "wait for animation event complete" disabled and set the wait time manually the problem is showing. The item gets picked up immediatly after the ability starts.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Markus

This is likely caused by an animation event still triggering the pickup. Make sure on your animations that you do not have an events that would trigger the pickup.

Hello,

i have removed the animation events and the manual setting for picking up the item seem to be delayed now. But unfortunately the item gets picked up right after i access the pickup collider. I would like the item item to disappear delayed a bit, so it matches the animation i added. I can also reproduce this in the demo scene.

For that use case I would create a new Pickup Item subclassed ability that has the delay. The end result is that you'll want to delay when ItemPickupBase.DoItemIdentifierPickup is called.