Rideable moving in camera / ILookSource direction ?

ChristianWiele

Hi,

how can I make the rideable ability follow the camera as the adventure movement type? I tried using the adventure movement type, but somehow, the ILookSource direction is not applied to the movement!?

Regards, Christian

Have you tried using the third person combat movement type, along with the combat camera view type? Can't test this right now, but if you still have issues with it I'll be able to test it properly later/tomorrow.

The issue is that the horse has no camera attached. And without camera, no direction information is available on the horse. I have created my own solution in the meantime. On starting the ability, I attach the camera of the character to the horse (or in my case it's actually a bird ...). I also need to attach a local look source to the character that I enable with reassigning the camera to the horse, so I won't get an error message. Upon stopping the ability, I reassign the camera to the character and disable the local look source.

Ah yes you're right, sorry I wasn't able to confirm that yesterday. Good find, glad you worked something out!