Confusion about documentation and tutorials

wuyan

I raised this problem because I'm worrying that I had spent too much time learning how to use UCC, UIS and BD.Because for an indie game developer like me, time is precious. I had an good start by following the documents and tutorials. It's good. But next, when I want to go in depth. I feel confused. I want to make it clear that I started learning to use Unity this year. I had development experience with another game engine.So I'm a novice with a little experience.

Next, I will briefly describe my learning process, and then list some of my problems. Hope to get some advice.

First,I tried to recreate the features of the demos. I can't do that by reading the documents. I read the code of the demo. I find that some of the APIs used in the demos are not mentioned in the documentation. This means that if I want to make good use of UCC and UIS for my developing, I have to read the source code. Is that so? I'm happy to read and master the source code. But without a good framework hint, it's too abstract, it's too hard for me. I'll probably spend a lot of time figuring out the relationship between them.

My question:

1,The documentations does not provide a listing and introduction of all APIs. If all APIs and instructions are listed, the developers can get started quickly and master the framework naturally in the process of using it. What APIs can be used? What events can be registered? How to expand? If they are not all listed in the documentation, developers will have to read the source code to find them. Maybe,this is difficult for programmers who don't have much experience.

Is it right? Or is there something wrong with my understanding?

2,Is there a problem with my learning way? What advice can you give me?

Looking forward to anyone's advice!

Thank you so much!

The documentation and videos are a higher level then the nitty-gritty details of going through each public method. For that I'd recommend using your IDEs Object Browser (Visual Studio) to view the methods on a particular method. Each method is commented so the Object Browser will correctly fill in the details.

The documentation and videos are a higher level then the nitty-gritty details of going through each public method. For that I'd recommend using your IDEs Object Browser (Visual Studio) to view the methods on a particular method. Each method is commented so the Object Browser will correctly fill in the details.
Thank you, Justin. I'll try.