Horse Animset Pro Integration

@Maximuz24 How did youu fix the camera issues?
Hi @VintageRoots,
There needs to be the free look camera rig from HAP set up in the scene just like it is in several if the HAP demos. Then the images on the GitHub will show you how to order those cameras, and where to put references to them on the abilities. I have been thinking of reworking the camera scripting (which is actually really easy to do) but other projects are holding me up. I made the integration for my own game, so it's just to help out the community. If you have any other issues feel free to post here though. :)

Awesome! Malbers also sent me an integration package that had some problems which I haven't been able to look at yet. I hope to be able to soon.
[/QUOTE
@Justin I know you are busy for the new release do you have any solution for below error.Think JacobDsiler is also busy.

1585922691995.png

Confirmed this is working with UCC 2.2f2 and HAP 1.1.5a, although I made other changes to suit my scene.

If you have issues, some of these suggestions might help:

Errors related to KinematicObjectManager.cs
Double click the error to open the code in Visual Studio, add a check on the Index parameter to be >= 0, for example:
Code:
                if (characterIndex >= 0)
                {
                    m_Characters[characterIndex].HorizontalMovement = horizontalMovement;
                    m_Characters[characterIndex].ForwardMovement = forwardMovement;
                }
You may have to add that code check to the methods:
SetCharacterMovementInputInternal()
SetCameraPositionInternal()
SetCameraRotationInternal()
Or more. Note the name of the index parameter may be different depending on what method you are changing. It may be cameraIndex, or characterIndex or something else.

HAPDismount missing public methods
I just got the code from GIT and some of the methods are private so you cannot link them to M Rider events.
Edit the HAPDismount.cs script to make methods public.
For example change:
private void StartMount()
to:
public void StartMount()

Do the same to any other methods that don't show up for events, or just make them all public. It doesn't matter for just getting started.

The code is also missing the public field for the second camera, and the code to enable/disable it when mounting/dismounting.
You can manually add those to the Mount/dismount events easily enough as noted by Maximuz24 above.

Camera Issues
There could be several issues here depending how you set things up.

Some things to check:
Malbers Freelook Target field is linked to your UCC character
Malbers Freelook Default State is set to CS Default Mount

Other integrations
While this integration approach can work, you may want to look into the other official integrations from Malbers, esepcially for other character controllers like Invector. They go through all the steps linking up camera events and other settings in a way that Malbers would support. You would of course have to customize things for UCC. This may work out better for you especially once you get into adding melee and ranged attacks while mounted. But this would also require more advanced coding and is likely not suitable for non-coders.

Note that the official Malbers integration doc does link to what looks like an official Malbers/Opsive UFPS integration video, but it is from 2017 so no idea if it works.

Last edited:
@bbjones Thanks if i set slot 0 and 1disabled in player allow equip items in ability the player cannot mount. Is it possible to fire/shoot while on riding? once i dismount then again i cannot mount.

Last edited:
Is it possible, definitely, how do you do it? Don't know :)

I'm sort of waiting on the new Opsive inventory to decide how I'm going to finish integrations like this, since that will introduce all new code and controller updates that will likely affect how you integrate with HAP.

Hi guys! Some awesome progress. If anyone wants to contribute to the Github, let me know. @bbjones, Awesome stuff thank you. This is a very hacky method so definitely a more complete integration is in order. Obviously I cannot include altered Opsive codeon github, but bbjones is spot on.
@Maximuz24, I think you just need to set the ability stop type to automatic, is that already in place?

Cheers.

Any update on the official integration? I reached out to Malbers a few weeks ago and he said he sent some questions over to Justin to finish the integration (some camera errors still but it seems the integration was pretty far along)

Malbers said that he'd take a look at finishing it but I haven't heard anything.