Recent content by Wengang

1. W

Ability Inspector not working properly

This is super weird, but you saved my life!
  2. W

Does the CanHearObjects action support Master Audio?

I've tried to get Footstep surface effect audio to work with Master Audio integration, but the enemy can't hear the player's footsteps anymore. Do I need to implement my own WithinHearingRange method which is used by CanHearObjects action? Thanks!
  3. W

Cinemachine View Type Null Reference when changing / reloading scenes!

Thanks! (y) How do we usually get notified of integration updates?
  4. W

Cinemachine View Type Null Reference when changing / reloading scenes!

I ran into the exact same problem and haven't test it with a basic scene yet. But I think it's because m_Brain.ActiveVirtualCamera is null in ChangeViewType method of CinemachineViewType class. Please see the red lines, m_Brain.ActiveVirtualCamera is used before the null check later. ///...
  5. W

How do I call Damage action with Force, Attacker and Position?

In the Behavior Tree, when I want the player die right away, I use the Invoke Method node to call Die method, and then use Damage node to reduce character's health to 0. I use Die first because I need to activate Ragdoll after the character died. But I think the Invoke Method (Die) node...
  6. W

Ragdoll capsule colliders get deactivated on death

I encountered the same problem. I reset the layers of each child GameObject of the character that uses Ragdoll according to Nolan in the sample scene, then everything works perfectly.
  7. W

Character walks out of walkable NavMesh when seeking target

I did more test on this problem. I found I only need to adjust two parameters to avoid this problem. First, increase Motor Rotation Speed. Some movement types (like Third Person Adventure) need a turning radius to make a turn. If the AI Agent happens to be standing on the platform edge, it...
  8. W

when I move SetDestination to the Update loop, the regular NavMeshAgent has the problem too! void Update() { _navMeshAgent.SetDestination(_target.position); } So, I guess the problems is related to how the seek action or SetDestination method is executed. Then I changed back to the...
  9. W

I tried a regular NavMeshAgent and it works fine. Thanks for the quick reply! using UnityEngine; using UnityEngine.AI; public class NavTest : MonoBehaviour { [SerializeField] Transform _target; NavMeshAgent _navMeshAgent; void Start() { _navMeshAgent =...
  10. W

I have trouble with AI agent character seeking target. I tried to reproduce it with this simple scene: capsule: UCC generic character, Third Person Movement, with Behavior Tree and Nav Mesh Agent. green ball: target Game Object orange platform: navigation static game object, walkable, no...