Recent content by Vaulcul

1. V

Simple Behavior Failing

Justin, I emailed you a link of a troubleshooting project showing the issue. The specific problem is with the GameObject named "EEnemySpawner1"
  2. V

Simple Behavior Failing

Yes, that is correct. The behavior is on a GameObject already in the scene, it does get enabled from a disabled state... But, I would hope that isn't the issue. The GameObject has always started moving once it is enabled, but it's stopping its movement indefinitely once it spawns something.
  3. V

Simple Behavior Failing

Justin, Thanks for the reply. I didn't think I needed a conditional abort... I originally didn't have one, I was just trying everything I could to get this to work. The documentation that you've pointed out is precisely why none of the GameObjects in this scene are prefabs... They are all raw...
  4. V

Simple Behavior Failing

Hello, I have a very simple behavior assigned to a GameObject which randomly patrols between 5 points (see below picture)... The GameObject itself is a spawn point and runs a script to spawn enemies, this script does not call or acknowledge BD and is not part of the behavior tree. When the...
  5. V

Continue Behavior After Leave and Return?

Okay... apparently even though these are GlobalVariables, I should be using the SharedVariable class. In searching the forums further... I've found other people asking for this and your comments about issues w/ Serialization. Maybe I'll hold off on this part of my project till you get version...
  6. V

Justin, thanks for the reply. I think setting this up shouldn't be too hard... more time consuming than anything (lots of variables being set). I am having a hard time pulling the Global Variables as if I try and Get/Set per the documentation the line gets flagged and I'm informed that "Cannot...
  7. V

Is there a way to set the place the tree stopped as a variable and call it to start at that spot when the scene starts again? Or something similar to this?
  8. V

I have a scene with a character that is performing a task, the player may leave the area (changing scenes) and then return later. When the player returns I would like that character to continue their task that they were originally doing from the point they were at when the player left. How...
  9. V

Request: Path To Movement

Awesome! The only other thing I might suggest on this would be the ability to move/insert way points within the list... instead of having to delete everything to a certain point and then re-add... But, I think this might be a different scope.
  10. V

Request: Path To Movement

It would be nice to have a "Path to" or "Path" movement. It would be similarly set up to how the patrol movement is setup, giving you the ability to create a list of points to go to... But, the movement should not repeat, but stop at the end of the list. Additionally, it would be nice if there...
  11. V

Boolean order placement affecting behavior traversal

I think I figured this out. The Boolean that was being set was the Boolean that the conditional evaluator was looking for as well. I was thinking as if it were an if statement... and when the condition was met, I'd just set the Boolean to false... instead, as soon as I set it to false the...
  12. V

Continue Patrol if Unable to Arrive?

The task is what would benefit the most for what I'm doing. If I'm understanding what SamplePosition does, it checks to see if it can get to the point on first attempt and then decides whether to go to the point from there... This would work for what I'm doing... But, I can think of times I...
  13. V

Boolean order placement affecting behavior traversal

I'm unable to get a portion of a behavior tree to work, seemingly due to the placement of a Boolean value. Not sure what's going on. Note the difference in the below pictures is only the placement of the Boolean value and the sequences below it do not rely on said value. Also to note that the...
  14. V

Continue Patrol if Unable to Arrive?

Is there a way to get a patrolling object to "give up" on getting to the selected patrol point if it is currently unreachable and continue with the patrol? I can't seem to find anything to allow this, or at least, I can't figure it out.
  15. V

Can See A* 2D Physics Issue

Thanks Justin. I've watched that video multiple times... I'm not sure how it's going to help me make my behavior above any better though.... The behavior is supposed to allow the character to break out of a wander to do the other two behaviors at any time it needs (thus everything is being run...