Recent content by Tzirrit

1. Tzirrit

Wrong items loaded after rebuilding game

I tried but was unable to reliably reproduce the issue, none of my initial ideas seemed to be the root cause. The problem came and went, sometimes the IDs of mutable items changed with a build. The correct items are loaded, but since the ID is wrong/different, the wrong items get insanciated...
  2. Tzirrit

Thanks for the answer. Yes I am using PixelCrushers Save System for UIS. The character controller is custom code. I am also using my own inventory / modular character system to display armor pieces and weapons equipped on the character. So initially, I was expecting my UIS integration to be the...
  3. Tzirrit

@Sangemdoko after our quick chat on discord, here my forum post regarding "wrong items loaded after rebuilding the game". I was trying to reprocude the issue by constantly rebuilding the game. I even did some code changes, added and updated other packages via the package manager. But the...
  4. Tzirrit

Troubleshooting the New Unity Input System Integration

Yes, I have changed the axis, as well as the dimensions - to no avail. The only effect was the navigation being "off" along the other axis. The only change that did solve my issue was chaning the code. So even if it was not a bug, the change seems to work now in my scenario...
  5. Tzirrit

Troubleshooting the New Unity Input System Integration

I had a simmilar problem with the navigation seemingly off when using a grid of 5x4. The navigation looked correct: After some digging, I found that the axes for selecting the next/previous row or column seemed to be mixed up in GridNavigator.cs. After swapping Axis.Horizontal to...
  6. Tzirrit

Event System Examples

Just want to add that I was also a bit confused by how the event sending and recieving worked. Just take the default HasReceivedEvent Conditional provided by BD as rough example with very little applicability, apart from registering that an event has just happened. The fun started once I...
  7. Tzirrit

Unable to pool

@Justin maybe you could add this to the official documentation? When refactoring code to use your pooling, I was running into the same problem, because my old code used the "wrong" overload of Instantiate. After loosing some hair, I finally found your post ;) Pooling works great now, but a...
  8. Tzirrit

character's animator stuck while doing combo attack

I was able to prevent any combo with a ResetDelay other than -1 from getting stuck by finding the right combination of Use Rate, Reset Delay and firing the Animation events. It even worked with the original Sequence.cs selector (without the change from above). In my example a Use Rate of .5...
  9. Tzirrit

I've stripped the attack down to a very simple 2 step combo, using AnimatorAudio Sequence and the problem still appears. Requiring a CharacterAttribute was not the cause. I've also used different timings for the OnAnimatorItemUse and OnAnimatorItemUseComplete events, I've even tried it without...
  10. Tzirrit

I've noticed that I edited the demo sword to use a character attribute (Energy), and it seems the animation only gets stuck when there is not enough Energy to perform the attack. After resetting the CaracterUseAttribute, the animation no longer gets stuck. So I might need to take a look how...
  11. Tzirrit

I'm facing a simmilar problem with multiple weapons and setups. I went back to the demo scene with the initial demo setup, and noticed the same issue with the default demo sword. Sometimes the animator gets stuck in attack state, it seems to happen when continuously atacking while moving...