Recent content by tuirennder

1. T

Agent not facing target character with higher navmesh priority

As a quick test I tried to set base.ForceIndependentLook = true inside the Initialize function of TopDown.cs, but no effect. Then I looked at UseIndependentLook. I don't quite understand when this one returns true or false, but following its reference in Use.cs, I realized that the usable items...
  2. T

Sorry I'm late, it seems my answer from mobile did not go through last week. I mean the priority on the Unity Nav Mesh Agent, under the 'Obstacle Avoidance' section: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-NavMeshAgent.html The AI agent having a lower Navmesh priority, it's normal that he's not...
  3. T

Hello! I am using the Third Person Character Controller 2.1.1 and Behavior Designer in Unity 2018.2.20. Since I want to do a 'click to move' player control, the player character has a Nav Mesh Agent component and a Nav Mesh Agent Movement ability. To use the unity navmesh agent local...
  4. T

Custom RotateTowards Ability for UCC AI Agent

This is how the substraction of two vectors looks like: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vector_subtraction.svg ... where a is the target position and b is the agent position.
  5. T

Hello! Actually I realized that I don't need a RotateTowards ability, because (when it works) the StartStopUse task is already assigning the target to the localLookSource of the agent, and then the Character Controller is supposed to rotate based on this localLookSource. The problem happens...
  6. T

Resurrecting a old thread, but did you manage to do it? I am not quite sure how to proceed: if I make a custom UCC ability that overrides UpdateRotation, what's the proper way to get target of the rotation from the behavior tree? Is it going to work if I do behaviorTree.GetVariable("MyVariable")...
  7. T

3rd person Runtime pickup index out of range

OK I found my mistake! In the pickup gameobject, I have set the Slot Count to 1, assuming that with a single-handed weapon the empty Slot 1 was not needed: Thanks!
  8. T

3rd person Runtime pickup index out of range

Hello! I have a weird issue where runtime pickup only works for my melee weapon when I set a _wrong_ item collection in the Item Set Manager. Working setup: As you can see above, the item type Sword_demo_type that I use everywhere is not in the collection I reference in the Item Set...