Recent content by tikitofu

1. tikitofu

Multiple Set Bool Parameters for Animations

Is there a more elegant way of controlling animation parameters than using a Set Bool Parameter for every separate state? For example from going from a walking wander to a running chase to an attack, I basically need 3 Set Bool Paramters for each state , which can get lengthy even in this...
  2. tikitofu

Can see not working?

Try raising the TargetOffsetY a bit off the ground, like 0.5. You have also set the TargetObjects list to a size of 1 but have it unpopulated (Element 0 is None). I'm not sure if that overrides the Target Object variable. Try setting that to 0.
  3. tikitofu

Conditional Aborts and Events

In the gauntlet example it seems to be running tasks that eventually complete. But what if you wanted to have the following tree: toggle between and Idle and a Wander (2 tasks that run infinitely) by using external events (like from a button)? I'm still failing to switch with interrupts in this...
  4. tikitofu

How is BehaviorTree.Start() and Stop() used if you have multiple behaviors within the same tree? I can't seem to pass a name argument, etc.. To be clear, I'm adding multiple trees this way, not multiple BehaviorTree components. Or should I just add more than one BehaviorTree component? Thanks!
  5. tikitofu

Ok, I'm still trying to understand the workflow - I've noticed you can add multiple Behaviors to a single GameObject. Is the intention to be able to switch between them? If so, how are those accessed/used?
  6. tikitofu

Would it also be possible to have each of these branches as separate External Behaviors - and load them as needed?
  7. tikitofu

NavMeshAgent's Magnitude?

Is there a way to get a NavMeshAgent's velocity/magnitude using core/movement pack tasks? I'm trying to get a character to idle when a Follow "stops". Using "Get Remaining Distance" seems inconsistent and "Is Stopped" seems to not be working for me. Thanks.
  8. tikitofu

Hi, I was unable to find an interrupt example in the RTS project. Do you remember what unit/behavior? TY
  9. tikitofu

Hi Justin, thanks for taking a look (& the link). I think I understand about the branch conditionals, but in my case it seems to not allow lower priority branches to cancel higher priority (it works fine the other way around). In other words, I'd like the ability to switch tasks without letting...
  10. tikitofu

I am able to get it to return to idle after performing a task by adding a Repeater before the Selector. I can also get it to switch tasks via Has Received Event by using a Lower Priority conditional. However, I cannot go from Task A to Task B because of the hierarchy. Getting closer...
  11. tikitofu

Hi, I've seen similar questions about this on the forum, but still can't figure it out: I'd like to be able to constantly run an "Idle" state while waiting for events. After an event is received and the task is completed, I would like it to return back to a waiting idle state, ready for another...
  12. tikitofu

Accessing the GameObject the Tree is running on

I will look at just using the gameObject field - and yes, it looks like you are using an external behavior for the Attack. Thank you!
  13. tikitofu

It looks like I needed to set .Value as my object: SharedGameObjectSource.Value = this.gameObject;
  14. tikitofu

Hi, I created a new Action which tries to return closest resource to the GameObject on an ExternalBehaviorTree. My function in the Action requires the GameObject that the Behavior Tree is running on. However, I'm having trouble being able to define that. Would that be considered a...