Recent content by ThatOtherGuy

1. T

Camera Won't Stay Anchored to Transform

I know nothing of programming, but what is happening as far as I see is that the anchor point option is setting where the camera's origin should be in terms of Y axis. However the result is that it's not following spinal translations, ie. not following the neck bending down or bending up.
  2. T

No, I actually want my camera to stay attached to the head bone when he is looking up and down. The problem is that it's not doing that. I'm doing the first person.
  3. T

Okay so attached below is a visualization of the problem. I have the camera anchored to the neck joint of my character in hopes that is would stay attached when looking up or down.
  4. T

Alright I figured out my arm problem, now solving my camera problem. I want my camera to stay anchored to a specific point, only to displace itself when looking down so as not to intersect the toros. I kind of works like that, but when my character looks up, the camera dislocates and stops...
  5. T

Floating Arms Problem

Alright I get what your saying and thanks! First off the camera is not parented to the head, it's been adjusted via scripts provided, I was just noticing that happening during playtime and was wondering if it was normal. Second is the arms reposition: I can easily do that in Maya, it's just...
  6. T

Floating Arms Problem

Okay I get what your saying, but upon further investigating on what my scene looks during realtime play, I noticed the First Person Object (which the arms are located), gets grouped under the camera, which is positioned where the head is. Is that normal for this?
  7. T

Floating Arms Problem

The pivot is the same as the main character model. I used the FPSMesh tool to produce arms like in the tutorial. There are also no animated keys on the arms as well.
  8. T

Floating Arms Problem

I checked the Pivot point and adjusted it, but every time I hit playtest the arms realign back to over head, not even syncing up with current animations. Also all pivot points are 0,0,0 and they move position without adjusting those values.
  9. T

Floating Arms Problem

Alright so I have the Ultimate First Person Controller was just trying to get my first weapon to show up and it looks all fine and dandy in the scene view port, but when I got to test everything goes according to plane except that the gun is floating in the air with the FPS arms. I followed the...
  10. T

First Person Perspective Item Problem

Alright I followed your advise and this happened: the weapon did not appear and even though their is no collider on the gun the character still flies in the air. I'm beginning to think that maybe my set up is wrong. My character is a single prefab object of multiple meshes, but it is not...
  11. T

First Person Perspective Item Problem

So I've been struggling to add items to my character and after much trial and error and rewatching I managed to make the script system happy. Problem is that I get this message below, telling me it wont render the gun. Also when I enter play test my character flies off into oblivion and the...
  12. T

Landing Animation stuck on Loop

Alright I checked over again and continued with deconstructing/re-engineering on how you guys have setup the animator and have had no luck. Im no programmer, just an artist, so this is all new to me even after reading documentation and tutorials. Below is my animator at the moment.
  13. T

Landing Animation stuck on Loop

Hola so I've come here today with a problem. After pouring over documentation and tutorials about this asset I got a lot of my beginning animation replacements done without too much difficulty. I've got running/walking and a basic jump animation successfully recreated in my animator however the...