Recent content by tatoforever

1. T

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Yeah but SharedGameObjectList is a "shared list" of GameObjects, I don't have that. I just have 1 target which is a SharedGameObject that is populated at runtime. HEnce why I added TargetObject to the base class. I don't need to create a list that contains only one gameObject for every enemy...
  2. T

I'm having a new ref exception when using the Attack task of the Tactical pack: Pointing to AddAgentToGroup(agent, agents.Count); inside the StartListeningForOrders(Behavior agent) method. This error happens when the Attack task has a leader, if leader is null no error is shown.
  3. T

Also, Regarding the Tactical pack. In our game our enemies only have one target (the player) and SharedGameObjectList doesn't allow me to populate the list with BT Variables, only with references from the scene but our BTs are externals, so they can't reference anything directly from the scene...
  4. T

I added the null check to both FormationGroup and HasReceivedEvent OnBehaviorComplete method and it fixed the error. I guess you will push an update with this fix in your next version? PS: I also had to add the null check at the OnStart and OnEnd method of HasReceivedEvent too (I was getting...
  5. T

I was able to reproduce the NullReferenceException bug on BT Events with your small example. It only happens when you are debugging an instance of any spawned agent with an attached Behavior Tree (at runtime) on Behavior Designer. I attached the modified package. Here is how to repro the...
  6. T

Ok, I think I found the culprit, I was doing something weird with my pool system. It looks to be working now. I was able to transform your small example into a tiny pool system similar to the one in our game and it worked fine. I dig a bit more and found some weird references that shoudn't be in...
  7. T

I made few changes to the test package you provided, made it a tiny pool system with and it works fine in the test scene. But in our game scene it doesn't work, I get nullreferences everytime. Though the setup is exactly the same. I didn't had the chance to dig your source code but if you can...
  8. T

I'm going to take a look at your file but I'm having a similar problem with receiving events on the BT using the Has Received Event task: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.Tasks.HasReceivedEvent.OnEnd () (at Assets/Behavior...
  9. T

I looked at the Formation demo scene but again it doesn't tell me anything. No idea what's causing the error. Basically, what I'm doing is adding the Circle formation task and the group ID/leader is feed through code before behavior activation. Ifound out that i don't even need to set the group...
  10. T

Using an AgentManager, I instantiate the agent and I populate their first three variables you see in the image through code at runtime, before calling EnableBehavior(). I use a manger to make sure no one is trying to access data that isn't ready. Agents BT are enabled after their variables are...
  11. T

I get this error when using the Circle task from the Formation pack: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.Formations.Tasks.FormationGroup.StartListeningForOrders (BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.Behavior agent) (at Assets/Behavior...
  12. T

[Solved] Massive 264ms spike when using Behavior Design.

Yeah, it looks like Unity is doing some sort of initialization/warmup of animations clips/states. Cause the BehaviorTree is instantiated and initialized when the scene loads. The spike happens as soon as I play the very first animation of the AI (when the BehaviorTree gets enabled) but is not...
  13. T

[Solved] Massive 264ms spike when using Behavior Design.

We are using External Behavior Trees with our AI Pooling System. We only use one BT for all our AIs and we warmup the pooled AI instances and all it's components but this spike happens every time we start using any of the AI instances with its attached External Behavior Trees when we call...