Recent content by SXtheOne

1. S

Using Behavior Tree in prefab only works if you don't change a thing?

Ok, thanks for the info, I'm waiting for the new version then. :)
  2. S

As I mentioned earlier I have a workaround that automatically generates a class for the external tree with the variables so I've already used a method like that but it's far from ideal. Is there a plan/timeframe when the Behavior Designer serialization method gets changed for something else from...
  3. S

Hi, here are the new results: #1 and #2 are fixed #3 is partly fixed now. The new field appears, and if the prefab instance is not changed, its value is there BUT if the prefab instance has a changed value, the value is missing even after starting the game. #4 is fixed #5 is fixed As you can...
  4. S

Sorry for the late reply, currently I'm involved in 3 projects and only one is using BD. I've tried the latest fix and tested the issues presented in the numbered videos. I'm using Unity 2021.3.3f1. Here are the results: #1 and #2 are not fixed #3 seems to be fixed, now the correct value is...
  5. S

I haven't got the editor open in that case, so that was the difference. I'm glad you've fixed it. :) I understand that I could set the variables at runtime but if I have an AI with defaults, I want to configure the variables based on the position where I put the AI in. Also, for example, the...
  6. S

I've reproduced the error in 2021.3.3f1. The easiest is to just make two float variables and change one in the instance, than change the other one in the prefab. "A workaround is to set the variable values at runtime on the prefab instance. This will prevent the JSONSerialization field from...
  7. S

Hi, I've tested it and the original problem is fixed so thanks for that! I do have several other problems that still exist, here they are: #1 - Values in the prefab instance's inspector only get updated after pressing play: #2 - It's like the previous one but in a different scenario: #3 -...
  8. S

Is the downloadable BEHAVIOR DESIGNER RUNTIME SOURCE is the latest version?

That's strange. There are simple code quality differences, but for example, in Behavior Designer\Runtime\Tasks\Unity\GameObject\Find.cs the description and the return statement are entirely different. And the difference that caused me a 4 hour debug session was in the BehaviorManager.cs.meta...
  9. S

Is the downloadable BEHAVIOR DESIGNER RUNTIME SOURCE is the latest version?

Hi, I've downloaded the runtime source from here: https://opsive.com/downloads/?pid=803 It looks like there are differences between the Behavior Designer downloaded from the Store and this version. I see mainly code quality changes but I also found some changes that change the return value in...
  10. S

Hi, Any update on this? As we are putting AI instances to the game and parallel tweaking the AI we need to revert instance changes of Behavior Tree every single time and set the instances again so the variables default to the new default values. It makes work exceptionally frustrating so it...
  11. S

Can Hear Object sensitivity bug

Cool, thanks! :)
  12. S

I've made a video to make it easier to reproduce the issue: What was left out of the video: if I make the GameObject a prefab and change testint variable in the instance, the whole behavior tree gets copied into the scene so making it a prefab doesn't change how it works. About the...
  13. S

My problem with this is that if I change any variable in a prefab instance and later change another prefab variable value, nothing gets into the instances only when I revert changes in the instances and this is tiresome. If only the changed variables would be saved (as Unity does) the others...
  14. S

Let me give you an example. In the attached picture there is the Patrol Waypoints array. When I put the wp1 and wp2 gameobjects to that array, a new json gets serialized into the scene that starts like this (it is pretty lengthy, I just paste the start): { "EntryTask": { "Type"...
  15. S

Can Hear Object sensitivity bug

Hi! Any update on this?