Recent content by skinwalker

1. S

Unity 2019.4 new Input System doesn't work

Do you have any recommendation how this could be done? Like for example I will have my own keys to trigger UCC abilities, but we can have only one PlayerInput component per game object, so what should I do? Edit: What I tried is copy pasting all the actions to my own asset and use it instead of...
  2. S

I did a test with your scripts. Mouse X and Mouse Y always return 0 - locking or unlocking the cursor doesn't change anything it just stays 0. The issue is with the input system version the problem happens on 1.1 while on 1.0.2 it works so I downgraded to 1.0.2 to fix it in my main project. I...
  3. S

Okay I finally updated to 2020.3 lts, but the issue is still there unfortunately even on a brand new scene using the character manager to setup a new character and the cursor locks and hides but moving the mouse doesn't rotate the camera. I have tried everything I can think of without a result.
  4. S

Edit: The problem doesn't happen in a build only in the editor... I may try updating if that's the case, hope everything goes right.
  5. S

Hi, I have a problem using unity 2019 which doesn't happen in unity 2020. Installed the new input system and followed the tutorial, upon start sometimes my cursor stays visible even though its in the middle of the screen, that shouldn't be a problem to rotate the camera still, but is the first...
  6. S

How to properly create a Dash ability?

The code I posted that changes the fixed time step when the dash ability starts and reverts it back to the default once it's over works in about 95% of the cases, which for now is good enough, but I'm still waiting for the actual update to come out later this year.
  7. S

[Bug] Impact on transparent surfaces (HDRP) and Z Fighting

Hi, I couldn't solve it, but I heard they updated it for HDRP if you use a version > 2020, did you try that?
  8. S

How to make the character always stick to ground no matter the speed and slope?

I applied -10 on the Y axis and it seems to work, but I can't find any documentation about AbilityMotor. I see it's used in the Drive/Ride ability and I bet if I don't want any force it should stay at 0,0,0 at all times. OnTriggerStay isn't available to override in a class that inherits from...
  9. S

Can you suggest which parameters of the AbilityMotor should be adjusted to achieve such a thing? Or even better if you could send a screenshot underlying the affected parameters. I'd be interested in hearing one of your workarounds, the only thing I can think of so far is to have the collider...
  10. S

Hello, Imagine you have the scenario below The player moves forward with a high speed and my question is how do I make him stick to that slope, instead of shooting off in the air. Is it a good solution to change the GravityMagnitude to 10000 of the UltimateLocomotion? Also for some reason...
  11. S

This code below works very well so far executed in the AbilityStopped method. var gravityAmount = m_CharacterLocomotion.GravityAmount; m_CharacterLocomotion.SetPosition(m_CharacterLocomotion.transform.position, false); m_CharacterLocomotion.GravityAmount = gravityAmount; Right now what I do...
  12. S

I've tried this suggestion and there are two problems 1) I think when we are in the air the character falls way faster straight down than normal, maybe it has to do with stopping Airborne acceleration, but definitely feels off 2) You can see right after I jump and dash, there's an undesired...
  13. S

Hello, I will post a temporary solution for anyone who is looking to make a dash, it still clips through objects, but rarely and when @Justin fixes the collision system we are going to have a full solution. But first I want to ask about something else which I've struggled with and it's dashing...
  14. S

I won't bother with these physics settings, because I will have to get them back to normal when you switch the collision to work with the job system and fix that issue. I can wait a few months and work on other stuff, hope you manage to solve it or at least have a feature that when turned on...
  15. S

Sure, as I said it works with much lower values but happens rarely, so just go to the Speed Change ability in the demo scene and increase these 3 values to 100, it's going to clip through terrain and other colliders you have in the demo scene. I personally increase these 3 to 50 for my dash...