Recent content by siendel

1. S

Hotbar saving

It took me a couple of hours but it looks like I got it to work. Certainly not optimal, but so far this seems to mostly work - at least my equipped weapon in the hot bar stays equipped when I restart from an application quit and my other hot bar items show up correctly. Saving/reloading from the...
  2. S

Hotbar saving

I could have sworn I posted this over the weekend, but I don't see it anywhere... But, I was wondering if there was a built-in way to save the items in the hotbar or whether I need to make my own saver for that? Seems like it would be simple enough to make myself, but just want to make sure I'm...
  3. S

Saving Player Created Storage

That you very much for the rapid response, as always! I just tested this and it works fine :-) I can click on the chest in my inventory, 'Place' it on the ground, put something in it, quit, reload, and the chest spawns correctly along with the inventory items. Exactly what I needed! The same...
  4. S

UIS Save System Loading

I've doubled checked and just using the one saver. Not really worried about it, in most cases I think I actually want it to be this way. In any event there are several ways I can go about correcting this if it turns out I need to later.
  5. S

Saving Player Created Storage

So I have the inventory saving working for scene items, and I've modified the UIS save routine to also add saving for some player attributes (position, rotation, etc.) and for all player crafted items. I also want the ability for the player to create one or more storage chests at runtime. I can...
  6. S

UIS Save System Loading

It seems the first time I start my main world scene in the editor after starting Unity, I get an error in the InventoryBridgeSaver.cs function DeserialzeAndLoadSaveData function - specifically, the TryGetValue shown below fails and the warning message shows up (plus those items are screwed up in...
  7. S

InventoryBridgeSaver issue with saving changed item definition attributes

Thank you so much for the very quick response! It turns out I was using Item Definition Attribute instead of Item Attribute for those parameters (I was copying from other items where these values were fixed). Moving them over to Item Attributes solved my problem right away. Doesn't look like my...
  8. S

InventoryBridgeSaver issue with saving changed item definition attributes

I just started working on the various save systems for my game, and I've been able to use the InventoryBridgeSaver to successfully equip/unequip my UCC weapons. I've have modified the script to also allow me to equip/unequip my clothing, as by default these were just getting moved from the...
  9. S

How to set CharacterIK with integration between UCC and UIS

This didn't quite work with my UMA character; things broke whenever I tried to add objects or even additional colliders on the Root structure. Since I already had placeholder empty objects (representing clothing slots) under "Items", what I ended up doing was putting Capsule Colliders (plus...
  10. S

Unable to find the itemSet error message

Thanks! That was the issue with the Loadout not working. My 'Equippable' pickups are still not working though - I get the same message. My clothing pickups (which use a 'wearable' category and my own equipper routine to put clothes on my UMA work fine still). I'll work on this later today and...
  11. S

Unable to find the itemSet error message

As far as I can tell, I have everything set up correctly and even looked through a similar issue someone else had. Except I can't seem to equip weapons from pickups or if I put the items directly into Main or Equippable. So far, I've only tried adding swords, but I get this error when trying to...
  12. S

UMA Integration

Creating a custom item action and equip script turned out to be pretty easy, and it got me to learn more about how the UIS database system works. Thanks for confirming that this was the way to go!
  13. S

UMA Integration

Thanks for the catch! I thought I had everything working but equipping/unequipping using the default equipper script only works if I use item slot 0 for everything, which obviously doesn't work as I want to be able to wear more than one piece of clothing. I tried adding more item slots, but that...
  14. S

UMA Integration

Not sure if anyone else has tried integrating UMA with UCC and UIS, but I didn't see integration yet for equipping clothing on UMAs using UIS. I created the attached script (which is very basic) but it seems to do the job. You create clothing items like you would other items, but leave the...