Recent content by Sarr

1. S

Access to Text Mesh Pro (and other scripts) from Abilities

Hello, thank you for making this well structured controller. I'm working with it well, but now have run into a problem - can't access TMP_Text ("using TMPro;" - namespace is unavailable) and some of my custom scripts from the Abilities. Accessing those scripts / namespaces is possible once I...
  2. S

How to keep FPS character on moving platform when it's not kinematic?

I know, but the problem is my vehicle is a dynamic rigidbody. Can't make it kinematic because its whole movement is complex and made with dynamic physics. It's also flying and rotating. So far I've made a custom gravity zone (Align to Gravity Zone activates) that keeps the character on the...
  3. S

How many characters can UCC run?

Please do. And test 2.3.6 version against the newest one as I stopped using newer versions because it's visibly less smoother and even slower in fps for me. I don't think they're running identically.
  4. S

Mirror Multiplayer

I second that, would be happy to pay you for this server authority addon for UCC @PesadeloDoEspantalho. Otherwise might need to switch to a different controller or write one from scratch at some point. Mirror is much better than PUN in my opinion. Opsive should absolutely write their official...
  5. S

Camera jitter/lag in 3rd person when moving character and camera at the same time

Just have to say I stopped using newer version of UFPS Controller after 3.2.6 as there in fact is a kind of minimal jitter when looking around in the next version of UFPS (when there was a rewrite to fix some high-fps issues or something like that). It's visibly smoother in 3.2.6 for me and I...
  6. S

How to keep FPS character on moving platform when it's not kinematic?

Hello, I have a problem keeping FPS character on moving platform when it's not kinematic. Thing is, I can't set the platform (a vehicle) to kinematic, it must be fully rigidbody physics. When I added ability "Move with platform" and used the script "Kinematic Object", it worked (and ability was...
  7. S

How to switch UFPS Controller off and on between different cameras?

Thanks, got it working. But still my custom controls for the camera doesn't move it. I have to manually disable the CameraController component on the main camera, but I fear it's not the right approach. Is there some other, more proper way to release camera movement without disabling that...
  8. S

Framerate in 2.4.1, mouse / character jittering problems

Yes, sync every V blank. Ok, so I've tested more. Noticed the Look Sensitivity Multiplier was set to 10 by default in demo scene, changed it to 1 and was still too fast - 0.5 was quite ok. But it didn't fix the jittering / slowdowns. For now good I still have 2.3.6 package still saved in my...
  9. S

Framerate in 2.4.1, mouse / character jittering problems

Hi, I've mentioned the problem with low fps, jittering and mouse sensitivity in Announcements section for new patch. The issues are still present, so posting here. Couldn't manage to fix it in my project so I've now created completely fresh one, added only UFPS and launched demo scene without...
  10. S

Version 2.4.1 Released

Oh, that's very weird because exactly opposite happened to me. Before it was independent for me, now obviously slows down. Ok, I'll maybe delete everything and reimport 2.4.1 then check again - and if that doesn't help, I'll post a thread, thank you.
  11. S

Version 2.4.1 Released

Looks like some issues spawned. After the update in the same scene as in 2.3.6, at first mouse got impossibly sensitive and game started to lag intensively / jitter on more CPU intensive angles. Before 2.4.1 it was around the same framerate (with the exception of sniper rifle as shown) but the...
  12. S

How to switch UFPS Controller off and on between different cameras?

Hello, Thank you for this great asset, learning it but there are challenges. I need to switch back and forth between modes - UFPS Character Controller has to be turned off so I can release its camera, then get into another camera with completely different gameplay (flying vehicle). Currently I...