Recent content by Rabassa

1. R

Display the game over screen after the character dies How can I respawn when the enter key is pressed?

How do you schedule the respawn manually? Thanks, rich
  2. R

Locate nearest spawn point with rsepawner component

Hello! My project has several different spawn points that are place (semi) ransoming about the map. They are disabled by default and can be enabled by the player. How do I: • Locate the closest enabled spawn point to the player's death location • Go to "game Over" if no spawn points are...
  3. R

Move Towards with NavMesh

Thanks Justin - I had started with Seek first and it worked but after getting to the target it could no longer see the player. I realized I had some objects on the Character Layer that should have been on the default layer. So just to clarify, should the player be the one and only thing on the...
  4. R

Move Towards with NavMesh

Hello, I'm using Behavior Design and the Move Towards task. I've checked my nav mesh and verified that the AI has the Move Towards, Nav Mesh Agent Movement enabled, but the AI just stutters in place. I tried adding the Ability Start Location to the game object target but no go. Any ideas...
  5. R

Unsure how to create a build with BD

No errors. Works as expected in play mode but just stays in the idle animation on the build. These are the build settings (I'm on Mac OS but building for Windows Stand Alone):
  6. R

After a lot of back and forth I was able to get a build with BD. In play mode, the AI does exactly what I expect but in the build, the AI just stands still and does nothing. Is there something I need to set or include to have BD work in a build? Thanks, rich
  7. R

Hello! I am trying to create a build (for windows) for my project which include UCC and BD. I followed the installation instruction and deleted the BD folder. I also have the BD movement pack and some BD samples. I'm assuming I do not need to delete these, correct? I downloaded and installed...
  8. R

Find Closest Task

Thanks. I did the distance check in Playmaker and then synced the variables over. Seems to work well!
  9. R

Check if Agent Has Weappon

awesome Thanks!
  10. R

Passing Variable between Behavior Designer and Playmaker

Hello, How can I pass variable back and forth between BD and Playmaker? Thanks, rich
  11. R

Find Closest Task

Hello, I need a way to find the closest object of a certain type or tag and then seek it. Any suggestion on how to build a task like this? thanks -rich
  12. R

Check if Agent Has Weappon

How can I set a variable to check if the agent has a weapon? I'd like the agent to search for a weapon if it doesn't already have one.
  13. R

Runtime Pickup Error

Good idea - Right now I'm just using Nolan from the Demo scene - he's all set up the way I need :) -rich
  14. R

Runtime Pickup Error

Okay - I was able to avoid the error by adding an Item Pick audio clip to the item. My character picks up the item but won't equip it. I copied Nolan from the demo scene and put him in my scene. Nolan is able to pick up and equip the item... So my character must be set up wrong, but I can't...