Recent content by r4opsive

1. R

Move Towards Ability Errors

I haven't tried to recreate these errors with the demo scene, but if it comes up, I'll mention it here. In the meantime, "Immediate Unequip" is working well enough for my needs.
  2. R

So, enabling "Immediate Unequip" to these interaction abilities seemed to prevent those errors. I guess it didn't like trying to activate the move towards functionality while also animating unequip. Something like this...
  3. R

Also, I can't seem to get an interaction animation to play in exactly 100% the same position every time it plays. Like, with a push button animation, sometimes the character's finger hits the button perfectly, and other times it's slightly to far to the left or right. I thought under the "Move...
  4. R

While creating more interact abilities, I'm getting errors (seemingly randomly). Something involving the "Move Towards" functionality. I attached a screenshot of the errors. Any know what it's referring to?
  5. R

Randomly choosing idle animations

If you had any success in setting it up the way you described, could you explain it to a moron like me? ? I have a limited understanding of animation events... For example, I don't understand the terminology, where you wrote, "I've got an AnimationEventTrigger in the Idle Ability with the...
  6. R

v3: How do I set up Dynamic Gravity triggers correctly?

On Discord DankP3 answered my question: "so for example the state trigger with the state DynamicGravity sets that specific state on the character. If you look at the AlignToGround ability on the character: 1. you will see it is disabled by default; 2. click on it to expose the state section of...
  7. R

v3: jump/land sound effects

Oh, I guess it's the "Jump surface impact" and "Land surface impact" .assets that affect this
  8. R

v3: jump/land sound effects

I've looked everywhere within the player character components... Where do I set up sound effects for jumping and landing, like with the demo character?
  9. R

v3: How do I set up Dynamic Gravity triggers correctly?

I'm having difficulty getting a state trigger component to function correctly for my custom character. Specifically, I'm attempting to implement dynamic gravity when my character enters the trigger, but the Align to Gravity Zone and Align to Ground states fail to activate. I noticed the State...
  10. R

What ChatGPT has to say about a Motion Matching Integration with UCC

Me: What about when the character changes states, for example when changing to crouching? ChatGPT:When the character changes states, such as when crouching or entering a different movement mode, the motion matching result may need to be recalculated to ensure that the character plays the...
  11. R

Me: Ok, modify the MotionMatchingIntegration script to integrate the aiming mechanics. ChatGPT: Sure, here's an example of how you could modify the MotionMatchingIntegration script to integrate the aiming mechanics with the Motion Matching for Unity by Animation Uprising: using UnityEngine...
  12. R

Me: How will the aiming mechanics within Ultimate Character Controller affect this integration? ChatGPT: The aiming mechanics within Ultimate Character Controller can affect the integration of Motion Matching for Unity by Animation Uprising in a few ways, depending on how you want your...
  13. R

Me: Write a Unity Script: Integrate Motion Matching for Unity by Animation Uprising with Ultimate Character Controller by Opsive. ChatGPT: Sure, here is an example Unity script that integrates Motion Matching for Unity by Animation Uprising with Ultimate Character Controller by Opsive: using...
  14. R

Dual Wield Item Equip States

Thanks for your replies. I wouldn't worry about spending time with this on your end. If I eventually figure out what's causing this I'll write about it here.
  15. R

Tutorial Request: Custom Jump animations for UCC

Would anyone be willing to post a video on how to adapt a custom jump animation to better work with the demo animator controller for Opsive? I've managed to make some slight alterations to the demo animations using UMotion Pro, but I've had trouble adapting completely different animations. Odd...