Recent content by PaoloAtRebelpug

1. PaoloAtRebelpug

Running trees on different frequency to reduce spikes

Yeah beside workers we use the behavioral tree on structures and rooms so that they can request by themself (build, repair, destroy) orders and more. But after discovering the impact of it I had to scale it down and group as much as possible
  2. PaoloAtRebelpug

We use the behavioral tree for every AI in the game (structures, workers, rooms) so we can have 100 trees, of which 50 will do 3-5 conditionals when idle and the rest 10-20 actions/conditions. Mine is a 4y old gaming pc and I could see the actual spikes dropping 5-10 fps. What are you using to...
  3. PaoloAtRebelpug

After several testing we realized that one big issue is the number of actions/conditions are called every frame, even for just checking boolean. Example: 10 AI with each checking in 5 different branches a boolean (if status == ...), by grouping them in a single condition we improved the...
  4. PaoloAtRebelpug

Hello there, I need your help please. We are trying to optimize the game so that it can run without issues on lower requirements. This is the scene we use for optimization, every room, structure and robot has a behavior tree for their tasks. The tick is manual on a routine and goes off every...
  5. PaoloAtRebelpug

Proper way to stop / speed up tree ticking?

Thanks for the explanation! I'll look into it. Thanks, Paolo
  6. PaoloAtRebelpug

Proper way to stop / speed up tree ticking?

Hello there, a question please. When the player load a game I set the timescale to 0 then I load all the data and the set it to 1 again. But I am having an issue with our tree. The OnUpdate of an action get triggered even though the timescale is at 0 messing up with the loading process. The...