Recent content by nRedux

1. N

OnUpdate not called but graph shows task running?

[edit]No I see OnReset isn't used like that. I overrode OnBehaviorRestart and reset variables which might be of concern but it didn't help anything.
  2. N

Wait.. could it be that I don't set finished to false in OnReset? Does state persist between playthroughs in the tasks?
  3. N

I stripped my task down to nothing but the update method returning "running" and it still hangs in the same fashion o_O. Is it possible the graph is broken? I should have mentioned that the parallel selector and everything below it is in an external behavior tree. Is that somehow involved or...
  4. N

Any idea what could cause an task not to have it's update method called? Did you have a chance to browse the task code?
  5. N

If I disable and re-enable the tree during play (via inspector enabled checkbox on the BehaviorTree component) it behaves as it should with OnUpdate being called each frame.
  6. N

The following task has it's OnUpdate called as normal every frame. Not sure what's wrong with the other task I pasted originally. Any idea? Seems ok. [TaskDescription("Changes the movement goal/strategy set of the agent")] [TaskCategory("Resonance/Test")] public class TestAction ...
  7. N

I can try it, sure.
  8. N

Yeah if I disable that action, the wait action executes normally. Only my task is hanging.
  9. N

https://paste.ofcode.org/Tir8ih7pC7YWg4sBsFqpYj The task code is here. [Edit] Note that OnComplete is fired, but by this time OnUpdate isn't being called any more so the test to return success never gets evaluated.
  10. N

Yes the task returns a status of running and after this the OnUpdate method isn't called.
  11. N

Conditional abort problem

Yeah I had to reorganize them after realizing how conditional aborts are supposed to be used. Cheers.
  12. N

I am having a problem where the graph appears to have my custom action task running but it's OnUpdate method isn't called after the first time. Oddly, this didn't happen until recently after having not changed anything in the graph/task. Any ideas?
  13. N

Conditional abort problem

The disabled tasks don't matter for my question. Regarding the left most branch of the enabled portion of the tree: I have a within distance task with an inverter and conditional aborts on the parent sequences up the chain (in the places I believe I need them). I want the left most branch to...
  14. N

Burst fire feature adjustment needed.

Burst fire currently doesn't behave like burst fire on conventional weapons that I'm aware of. I'd like a single click of the button or activation of the Use ability to cause a burst of X rounds to be completed without having to continue depressing the button. Please advise, cheers!
  15. N

Syncing animations with movement speed changes.

I thought I'd try something fairly simple which was to simply have the Ultimate Character Locomotion component motor setup to user root motion. I saw there was a Root Motion Speed Multiplier field which could be modified. I then thought I'd be clever and simply apply that value but my guess is...