Recent content by nmaxey1234

1. N

Jagged character rotation

I am working an issue where my Third Person Character is extremely choppy when rotating. This becomes more noticable when using a controller. It would seem that the camera is moving smoothly but the chracter is not. Is there a setting I'm missing to that will help smooth out the characters...
  2. N

Mouse Sensitivity Framerate Dependence

Alright so many days of pulling my hair out and reinstalling opsive and just about every other debug I could think of there was one obscure setting that needed to be changed. Under Input System Package Update mode needs to be on "Process Events In Dynamic Update" . I had it in "Process...
  3. N

So after some more testing this is what I found. On a build of my project -120 and 5 fps rotate the same based on distance of mouse movement -60 fps takes twice as much movement to rotate the character based on mouse movement In Unity Editor for my project - 60 and 120 fps match up...
  4. N

I went back and confirmed that my controller is on FixedUpdate and my version is 2.4.5.
  5. N

I'm working on stabilizing my game for a range of framerates but what I am noticing is that my mouse sensitivity is tied to my framerate. When running some tests it takes twice as much mouse movement to do a 360 at 60 fps vs 120 fps. Is there a solution out there to make the sensitivity...
  6. N

Look Sensitivity Unity Input System

That fixed it thanks!
  7. N

Look Sensitivity Unity Input System

I am having some issues with the look sensitivity on my character. Despite dropping Look Sensitivity and Look Sensitivity Multiplier to extremely low values, I am unable to dial it in to where I would like it. I am using the Unity Input System integration. Are there more values I should tweak...
  8. N

Question for colliders

I am looking to have 2 colliders on my character. One that only interacts with terrain and one that only interacts with other player/enemies. Is there a built in way to do this? I've been working with the Character Layer Manager and the Collider Layer Mask but cannot get it to work.
  9. N

Adding other packages

I'm working on integrating Mirror into the controller however whenever I try to add using Mirror; it does not recognize it yet it works in other scripts in my project. Anyone run into anything similar?