Recent content by nicmar

1. N

Search tasks with multiple words

Hi, When I search "compare float", it doesn't find "Compare shared float". That would make it easier to find things :)
  2. N

How to assign variables?

Hey @Justin i'm back at this again :) Is there any downside to turning off this setting that you are aware off?
  3. N

How to assign variables?

Hey again @Justin, I tried it again in my game project, and finally found the problem! The raycast of the CanSee is hitting itself, thus causing the yellow line. When i changed the offset a little, it worked. In my repro scene, i didn't have colliders first until i realized that was the issue...
  4. N

How to assign variables?

Just to confirm, i made a repro scene, and everything worked, so i probably messed something else up. Will try more in my big tree :)
  5. N

How to assign variables?

Thanks, I might have to do that to make sure i can update to future versions without it breaking. :) It will probably take a while, thanks :)
  6. N

How to assign variables?

@Justin can you comment on if I should care if it's a child/parent relationship or not and the IsAncestor call, which I had to invert to make it work? Thanks :)
  7. N

OnEnd() - how to tell when aborted

Hmm I have a similar problem. My Fire task runs StartFiring through another component on start and keeps firing until the task succeds, and after a few seconds it calls a StopFiring. But if it gets aborted, for example if being hurt below a threshold, is there anything being called in the fire...
  8. N

Confused about parallel and interrupt behavior

Thanks for the reply, sure I could write my own task if that would be easier. Thanks for clarifying that, also I didn't know about parallel tasks run in reversed order. Also sounds like we could have a condition task like "is under attack" that would set a bool straight away based on it's...
  9. N

Confused about parallel and interrupt behavior

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I have a related question to the last one, can't we put a wait node in the the first sequence, to make it check it once a second for example?
  10. N

How to assign variables?

Hey, i’m very new to this but it looks like you created the player variable as a Transform, remove it and make it a gameobject insteas and it should work. Thanks for the video, it’s helpful to watch more to learn :)
  11. N

How to assign variables?

Hmm, so the current code in MovementUtility requires the hit object to be a child of the transform having the task. Is this flipped around? I changed it to if (!IsAncestor(targetObject.transform, hitTransform)) { and now it works and sees the object. But I'm curious if it should care wheter...
  12. N

How to assign variables?

I nailed it down to this code: if (IsAncestor(targetObject.transform, hitTransform)) { // Green line } else { // Yellow line, this is what gets triggered. } Which in turn runs this: // Is the hitObject an ancestor of the target? public static bool IsAncestor(Transform target, Transform...
  13. N

How to assign variables?

Aha! That worked! I'm not sure if I chose transform by mistake, or the tutorial for the other version of it had a transform. But at least I could select it now. Thanks! I added the debug ray, and the ray hits the player. It's red when outside the cone, and yellow inside. But there is still a...
  14. N

Move into formation and move group at the same time

Thanks! Ok, it's not critical but it would be cool. I was thinking if it was possible to run the grouping and moving in parallell tasks, but i haven't figured out the basics of BD yet, so I will see what we need later :)
  15. N

How to assign variables?

Thanks, I will check that video. But when I clicked the button you said, i get an error, and i can choose (none) or (dynamic), not from my list of variables. What does this mean? I will try to update to the latest version though, it was a year since i downloaded it so it's probably very old. :)