Recent content by nathanj

1. N

Some suggestions for Videos for V3

Yeah, for sure, I totally get that it's a lower priority atm. When you get a rainy day, if you ever get one ;)
  2. N

Some suggestions for Videos for V3

@Justin When you get around to making videos for V3 I think a video demonstrating a vanilla setup would be really benificial, for both new and old users. It is so daunting looking at the demo character and then being told to set up your own. What are the absolute essential things that the...
  3. N

Request for next update

Hi Justin While you are updating the swimming package for V3 could you make an option to enable the ability through a bool, as opposed to entering a collider? This would help integrating with systems like RAM, Crest, KWS, basically anything that doesn't necessarility fit with box collider.
  4. N

Version 3 Details

@Justin Do we need to contact you for a coupon if we own the controllers through the Opsive store? ATM I'm seeing full price, when logged in, for both controllers yet I have both V2 controllers in my Opsive account.
  5. N

Version 3 Details

Ok, thank you. I bought through you so I'll be knocking on your message box when given the green light ;) Can't wait!
  6. N

Version 3 Details

This looks awesome. I love the look of new demo scene. Curious about the UFPS instead of FPS. Does this mean that Melee in first person is only available through UCC? Will owners of both TPC and FPS be able to upgrade as owners of UCC? Congrats to you and the team. Can not wait to give this a...
  7. N

[Request] UCC 3.0

@devomage As an owner of both the first and third controllers I can def. say it is nice having the two separate. Maybe Opsive could treat UCC as a bundle where if you have the bundle you also get access to the individual installersz and likewise if you have the two packs you get access to the...
  8. N

[Request] UCC 3.0

Maybe a basic video on creating your own controller and adding basic abilities would be useful for helping people get started.
  9. N

Interact Ability Message for interact Ability added in Runtime

@Justin So the problem is that m_CheckForAbilityMessage is the bool that determines if the message is null or not. If it is null on initialize then m_CheckForAbilityMessage is set to false and the ability message is permanently blocked from diplaying. If I change line 289 of the Ability code...
  10. N

Sorry to keep on about this but I haven't been able to work this out. Its simple enough to replicate. Add a new Interact ability to a character and leave the AbilityMessageText blank. If you press play and then add text to the field the MessageMonitor will never trigger for it. You can still...
  11. N

I’ve had the same behaviour with the default Interact Ability when it was null on start. I used to just put a space in the field so it wasn’t null because I could then dynamically change it. But now that I don’t have that option I’m a bit stuck. I’ll have a look to see if there is an editor...
  12. N

It only enables if I have something loaded in the ability message text field before. If I add that after the Messages UI doesn't open.
  13. N

Ah, wait, that is fine for changing the text in runtime, but the issue I am having is that Ability Message Text field is null on awake then it never displays text. I can change it all I want after that but it will never display. What I need to do is if assign a string value of any kind to the...
  14. N

Hi, Working with the UMA integration and am stuck on something. If I use the UMA Ability Builder to add an Interact ability to my player in runtime the Ability Message does not appear. I've tried making my own Interact ability that assigns a value to the m_AbilityMessageText in awake and in...
  15. N

Animation glitch

Thanks @ChristianWiele It ended up being the CharacterIK and the layers it was detecting. I brought UCC into a project that uses a different character controller and the layer setup is a bit messy atm, so when I made the NPCs their layer detections got a bit messy. Culling the unncessary...