Recent content by nanodeath

1. N

Starting a new behavior tree from inside a custom Action can break the new tree

It's as you say -- I'm basically doing GetComponent<BehaviorTree>().ExternalBehavior = newBehavior from within an Action. If the answer is "don't do that", that's fine, it's just not obvious to me that isn't something I should do. That said, I've changed it so that I've created essentially my...
  2. N

Conditional Evaluator and Conditional Abort not interacting as expected

Okay, good to know. It'd be cool if they were though ?
  3. N

Conditional Evaluator and Conditional Abort not interacting as expected

I'm trying to abort to a higher priority Conditional Evaluator, but it's not working -- it's acting as if no conditional abort is configured at all. See the following screenshot: (It's currently wired to the subtree labeled "Works", but I've also tried detaching that connection and connecting...
  4. N

Starting a new behavior tree from inside a custom Action can break the new tree

If you have a BD Action that starts a new behavior tree on the current object, you have to be careful about what you return from that Action. Look at this snippet of source: if (status != TaskStatus.Running) { // pop the task immediately if the task is instant. If the task is not instant...
  5. N

Generating subtasks

When a particular task starts, I want to generate subtasks in the OnStart() method of that task that causes child tasks to be created. For example, if the AI character is moving to some destination, but during pathfinding finds some doors in the way, I want to create tasks "MoveToObject(door)...
  6. N

Index and count must refer to a location within the buffer.

I've added a "not working 2" that I get when removing most of the tasks. Maybe because unityObjects is empty this time?
  7. N

Constructing and switching Behavior Trees

There may be an entirely different and better way to model what I'm doing, so let me provide more context. Imagine you're using BehaviorDesigner to construct a game like Rimworld or Prison Architect. There's some global queue of "jobs" that needs to be picked up by characters in the game. Like...
  8. N

Not sure. en_US? Sure, want me to email you a copy? You can probably repro (kinda) by emptying the byteDataArray field, I bet. I have no idea how it got into that state originally, though.
  9. N

On the bright side, I didn't have too many changes since my last git commit, and I see if I stash my changes, the tree becomes usable again. I've uploaded the before/after source for the problematic external tree here. What stands out is the byteDataArray field in the non-working version is...
  10. N

Not sure what happened, but...BehaviorDesigner's trees seem not to be working at all anymore. I'm getting this error when starting up Unity: ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and count must refer to a location within the buffer. Parameter name: bytes System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetString...
  11. N

Weird edge-scrolling behavior in Editor

Created a brand new project using the latest Unity version, 2018.2.17f1 (was on .16f1 before). And...it seems to be working better. I'm going to try removing the Inpector Gadgets Pro plugin, see if that helps. ^ Updated this morning to .17f1, no change still. I suppose I can try an older...
  12. N

Constructing and switching Behavior Trees

Well, I need a fresh copy at least, because I need to set variables on it, and I don't want to mutate the "original" behavior tree, in case I need to use it again. In any case, I updated the code to this: // var tree = Instantiate(BehaviorTree); var tree = BehaviorTree; but it still errors...
  13. N

Er, also, another bug I've run into is a "rogue connector" where one end of the connection gets stuck to the cursor. I've uploaded another video, but it might be a bit late.
  14. N

Windows 10 x64. The bug can be seen here. There's another bug at the start of the video. And yeah, for some reason I'm double-clicking a lot, but...that shouldn't break anything, I'd hope. I'll try to stop doing that :p