Recent content by msm

1. M

Issues with Items as dictionary keys (only in builds)

Im not sure how to reproduce it, I only encountered it in a build, and only after upgrading to Unity 2020. The items are being added to the Inventory, and on item pickup and attempt to equip, I can even print the entire dictionary in Inventory GetItem and it shows a matching item, but the...
  2. M

Issues with Items as dictionary keys (only in builds)

Hi, just had to debug this issue I was facing in a new build I created. In Inventory (and ShootableWeapon, but the issue is the same), Item objects are used as dictionary keys. Items would get added and later when a lookup is attempted the lookup would fail for what should have been a matching...
  3. M

Decrease first person bob/sway

thanks, I will take another look and see if I get the right parameters this time
  4. M

Decrease first person bob/sway

Hi, I'm trying to adjust the amount of bob/sway the first person arms have during movement. I'd like to decrease the amount of movement they have, but I am unable to find which settings to tweak. I've tried those on the FirstPersonPerspectiveItem, on the CharacterLocomotion, and...
  5. M

Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.

Hi, I just encountered this error Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown. when trying to expand the UltimateCharacterLocomotion inspector. It occurs in UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Inspectors/Utility/InspectorUtility.cs:283 at the line var...
  6. M

First Person and Third Person fire point not aligned

Hi, I've been struggling to find a best solution to this issue I have implementing a split-screen multiplayer game. The issue (I believe) exists in all game modes, but really only becomes an issue at all in split-screen multiplayer. The first-person and third-person arms do not align perfectly...
  7. M

Split Screen Questions

Just tried the update, and it works. Thanks for the continued great work on this
  8. M

Issue with "pausing" game and respawning characters - Unity hangs/freezes

Im targeting a local multiplayer splitcreen game, so having pause not actually pause everything could pose potential cheap tactics... Im just going to workaround it but using my own Character respawner that doesnt go through the Scheduler since it doesnt seem to honor Time.timeScale=0. That way...
  9. M

I've tried that as well, but you run into errors if for example you pause while a character is falling. You run into this error transform.position assign attempt for 'Player' is not valid. Input position is { NaN, NaN, NaN }. UnityEngine.Transform:set_position(Vector3)...
  10. M

Hi, thanks for the reply. Im using the built-in CharacterRespawner and Health components from Opsive. Health fires the death event, Respawner is scheduling a respawn after death. As for how the Scheduler still ticks away while Time.timeScale=0, I dont know, that source code isnt provided. This...
  11. M

Hi, Im encountering an issue when I "pause" my game (Time.timeScale = 0, UltimateCharacterLocomotion.TimeScale = 0, player inputs disabled) and characters respawning after death. Unity hangs (infinite loop perhaps?) after the character respawns during this "paused" game state. Has anyone else...
  12. M

Split Screen Questions

thanks
  13. M

Split Screen Questions

ok great, thanks. Do you have an estimate when the next update will be released?
  14. M

Split Screen Questions

hi, is anyone having problems with attaching a character to the CameraController at runtime after scene load? For me it seems to be the MaterialSwapper doesnt work quite right, my guns remain invisible. It works fine if I have InitCharacterOnAwake and a character attached before scene load. I...
  15. M

Split Screen Questions

great, thank you