Recent content by mdotstrange

1. mdotstrange

HasEnteredTrigger not working with Async loaded trees?

No problem ^_^ Glad you were able to figure the issue out. I'm using the .dll on my main project- I do have a source version I'm using for debugging though- I'm using the 2017.4 LTS version- the exact version is 2017.4.30f1
  2. mdotstrange

HasEnteredTrigger not working with Async loaded trees?

HasEnteredTrigger stopped working in my project when using Async loaded trees so I created a fresh Unity project and installed BD 1.6.3 and it appears HasEnteredTrigger does not work with conditional aborts when Async is ticked in a new project as well- works fine otherwise- can see the behavior...
  3. mdotstrange

Unknown error causes Async loaded tree to fail

I tried to get a project together to export after work but there's so many custom classes I'm referencing its tough to export and standalone scene without including tons of scripts- I'll try again tomorrow after work- But I did do some more debugging and I believe its a variable clashing issue-...
  4. mdotstrange

I added that at the beginning of the AsyncLoad.. method- The error goes away but the tree is not loaded- Could it be a serialization issue? It's odd that all the other tree's work with aync loading that are using the same tasks as the tree that is failing- I went from 1.6.1 -> 1.6.3 I tried...
  5. mdotstrange

Ok here's the line numbers from the source- BehaviorManager.cs lines 438 and 374 Error image Debugged a tiny bit and it seems the BehaviorTree getting passed to that method is null
  6. mdotstrange

The tree works when async in not checked- if it is checked I get this error It doesn't hint towards code that isn't thread safe like the previous errors I got with the movement pack. I tried isolating/deleting tasks for about an hour to figure out what task was causing the issue. Couldn't...
  7. mdotstrange

Is the Movement pack incompatible with BD 1.6.3 using Async loading?[SOLVED]

It was an easy fix and way worth it for such amazing performance gains- thanks again Justin.
  8. mdotstrange

[Feature Request] Async Loading / Initialization and user-defined De-initialization (or Cache clear)

It works great as is and was an easy fix for the Movement Pack tasks- 1.6.3 is an amazing upgrade for performance! I feel like you should add an exclamation point on the release notes for it :)
  9. mdotstrange

I got rid of the errors by removing the "NameToLayer" code so for example on CanSee the IgnoreLayerMask line looks like this- public LayerMask ignoreLayerMask; Seems to work fine- Also on CanSee I had to move this line into OnStart() ignoreRaycastLayer = LayerMask.NameToLayer("Ignore...
  10. mdotstrange

Using the newest Movement Pack 1.5.5 with the newest BD 1.6.3 in a fresh project errors are thrown on tree's using the CanSeeObject task from the movement pack- Seems its using code that isn't thread safe- error capture here- Happens with the WithinDistance task as well as it uses...
  11. mdotstrange

[Feature Request] Async Loading / Initialization and user-defined De-initialization (or Cache clear)

Would pooling external trees still be necessary if using this new async loading? I've started optimizing a big(lots of Ai with big Btrees) game I'm working on and if I enable my BT's at runtime I'm getting huge lag spikes- I was just about to implement External Behavior Tree pooling but should...
  12. mdotstrange

Several smaller trees more performant than one large one?

Thank you for the detailed response :)
  13. mdotstrange

Several smaller trees more performant than one large one?

Was watching this GDC presentation about using FSM's to control several smaller BT's versus one large BT doing everything- My current approach is to have one master tree with several Behavior tree ref nodes inside of it- Would it be more performant if I broke the big tree into several smaller...