Recent content by lledden

1. L

Accessing the Restrict Position properties

Thanks for your response... however, as I stated I want to prevent the player from 'entering' the water. In a map with complex water features, it is not performant or practical to implement vertical collider barriers to water entry. It would on the other hand, seem fairly straightforward to...
  2. L

any thoughts on how to restrict the y position
  3. L

How to change default movement speed

Thanks for your response. It works fine.
  4. L

Well... I thought I had, since it compiled... but it doesn't actually change the values of Motor Acceleration in the inspector. Any help would be much appreciated. private UltimateCharacterLocomotion uCL; private void Start() { uCL =...
  5. L

Figured it out... thanks anyway
  6. L

I know this is old... but can someone please share how to reference the Motor Acceleration or TimeScale properties in the UltimateCharacterLocomotion component? I'm able to reference the Abilities, but nothing inside the Motor category.
  7. L

Thanks for your response. Is there a way to also limit the Y position. I was hoping to use that as an inexpensive way to prevent entry into water.
  8. L

Can you give me an example or tell me where to find documentation that shows how to modify the Ability / Restrict Position properties?
  9. L

Not seeing the OnImpact event

I'm working with the Assault Rifle with a projectile that I created (large ball that is easy to see). The target cube is set to the character layer which is selected in Impact Layers in the Shootable Weapons Script. I set a breakpoint in the OnCollision method in Projectile.cs. That is not...
  10. L

Not seeing the OnImpact event

I have a 3rd person character with assault rifle and projectiles which appears to be operating properly. I created a cube as a test target and added the Health script to it. Added a box collider and dragged the collider into the Hitboxes property in the Health Script inspector. I put a...
  11. L

Import a fully configured Nolan character?

That was exactly what was going on (with regards to the flash point axis orientation)... sorry for the stupid question. By going back through each step I have ended up with a working flash animation and shell ejection and projectile firing. Now I'm trying to have a working 'target'. I...
  12. L

By going through the Default Loadout assignment I now have the weapon showing and the shooting animation activating. Is there somewhere in the docs that explains that a Default Loadout is required? After you know about it, it makes sense, but I don't have an understanding of an overview of...
  13. L

I appreciate your response. I've worked through page 22 of the Setup guide to setup item types and items and have an assault rifle showing in the scene setup which is properly oriented to the player's hand with animation controller attached. When I hit play, Nolan moves properly, but the...
  14. L

Is there a way to import a 'fully equipped' Nolan character with all the default demo items (weapons, behaviors, and animation) into a project. I need to prototype game mechanics and just want default behaviors and weapons to work with. I have spent some time trying to follow the setup...