Recent content by Kutlu

1. K

Do you have any tips on reading the code? (from an intermediate developer)

Hi Opsive, I've been trying to learn the ropes of UCC for a while now, and I want to complain that I, despite my best efforts, am feeling a bit lost when it comes to getting a full picture of the code. There are tons of systems which depend on and build upon each other, and every time I try to...
  2. K

Version 3 Details

How is development going? Would you be able to give an ETA on the Unity Store release?
  3. K

I broke the Right Pistol Reload animator controller

The solution went like this: Shootable Weapon (Script) -> Reload -> Untick 'Wait for animation event' in Reload Event and set the duration to 0.05 -> Untick 'Wait for animation event' in Reload Complete Event and set the duration to 1.
  4. K

I broke the Right Pistol Reload animator controller

Hi Opsive, I copied the demo animator controller (with the intention of swapping certain animations with those that I bought in the asset store, and discarding a portion of it), then I switched the right pistol reload animation in the arms layer. This broke the animator controller because the...
  5. K

Version 3 Details

I'm referring to two things in particular: 1- The difficulty/awkwardness of configuring the 'Motor' section of the 'Ultimate Character Locomotion' script (in particular the dynamic between the settings 'Motor Acceleration', 'Motor Damping' and 'Previous Acceleration Influence'. Configuring these...
  6. K

Version 3 Details

I have another question. I'm weighing whether it would be worth buying version 3 and the main question on my mind is the following: The mentioned Locomotion Logic changes could, potentially, make this purchase worth it just by themselves. I find the movement in UCC a little clunky (despite...
  7. K

Version 3 Details

Can we expect a new set of tutorials for the new version?
  8. K

Implementing vertical arm movement in Top-Down Movement

Sorry Justin. I wasn't aware of the implications of posting the method to the forum. I assumed that the forum wasn't public, cause I'm new to this. I could really use a bit of detail regarding how it is limited within the m_HitPlane.RayCast block. I don't have the full picture of the codebase yet.
  9. K

Thanks FastSkillTeam, I found the script. There's another problem, however. Namely, it says that the VerticalLookDirection is limited to above head height. This is unsuitable for my goal. Could someone give me an idea as to how to circumvent this problem? Here is the method: /// <summary>...
  10. K

Wow, that's good to hear. There's so much in this asset that isn't even advertised! If I may ask, though, where can I enable this option? I had already combed through all the scripts attached to the character before asking this question (and did so again after your message), but I couldn't find...
  11. K

Hi Opsive! I was gathering references for the game I am working on, and I ran across this game, which has vertical arm movement in its Top-Down perspective. I was wondering if you had any thoughts on how to achieve a similar control scheme in UCC. Don't get me wrong, reading and studying the...
  12. K

Can hear object not working with footsteps. Is there a better solution than searching for child-audio-sources?

Hi Justin! Thanks for the response. I was wondering: what is the script/GameObject that spawns the audio sources at the player character's feet? I couldn't find it after searching through the codebase. I looked at the documentation on the topic of the Audio Manager as well, but unfortunately...
  13. K

Can hear object not working with footsteps. Is there a better solution than searching for child-audio-sources?

Hi Opsive! I am trying to make Behaviour Designer 'Can Hear Object' work with the generated footstep sounds in UCC. I found this thread from a few years ago and implemented the solution there, which was to use targetObject.GetComponentsInChildren<AudioSource>(targetObject). I'm not too...