Recent content by Flow Fire Games

1. F

Best way to set data after an abort

I see, I will do it that way then, thanks!
  2. F

Best way to set data after an abort

Hi guys, I am trying to figure out the best way to set some data into the class that runs the behaviour tree after an abort happens. For example, after my Idle subtree is finished because the Combat subtree aborted it (by detecting an enemy for example), I want to run always a task node that...
  3. F

Doubts with abort + reused conditional

Heyy, sorry for the late response, I was on holidays :D. The animations are handled outside, that's not a problem. About ammo, that's handle inside the shooting node. The weapon range will be handled outside too, nothing to worry about. About the return success, you are right, but wouldn't that...
  4. F

Awesome, all clear then! @abc123 Now I have a much better tree, and my next thing to add to it is the check to know if the Fire line is free of friendly entities, so I don't destroy them. I did this, but I am not sure that this is the best way to do it... What's your opinion guys? (the picture...
  5. F

For the first and last answers, got it :D. For the second one, I mean if I don't override the OnUpdate, it automatically returns success, and it has no issues, right? Thanks!
  6. F

If I remove the full flee, then flee only would happen if I am watching an enemy, because of the most left conditional in the tree. Somehow I need two full references of, either attack, or flee, but I agree with you that maybe a better use of parallel could help avoiding duplicated nodes. Maybe...
  7. F

@Justin I watched the video with the integration of the character controller and it was really helpful, even though I don't like much the approach of setting data in the tree (hehe :P). Now I have things more clear in my mind. As it was an integration tutorial, I never thought it could be useful...
  8. F

I tried your approach and it using normal parallels (I don't know where that Parallel fixed comes from D: ), and it works, but I changed the right part to remove the Look Around (which for me I guess it is the Search subtree that I have) and the parent parallel, so it looks like this: What I...
  9. F

Hey, thanks for answer! Maybe I should explain the exact behaviour that I want to achieve: 1.- If no one is detected and neither I know the last position of an enemy/player (which resets after some time in a detector class that it's outside the BT), then I do patrol. 2.- If I detect anybody...
  10. F

Hi all, I have a behaviour tree (actually it is composed by 4 external BT refs), and I want to achieve something very simple, but I cannot figure out how exactly. This is my BT: Basically it has like 4 subtrees (they are external BT's), from left to right, "Flee", "Combat", "Search", "Idle...