Recent content by Fearinhell

1. F

Inventory Pickup Causes Duplicate Items

Ok I see what was going on finally. The schoolgirloutfit got changed to the actual definition and I didnt do that with all the others.
  2. F

Thanks but yeah Im just not sure and that script relies on quite a few and has about 20k lines so it requires alot and my working folder is 550 gb. Keep in mind I have about 100 outfits to choose from, I have the schoolgirl one working but that seems to have broken all the other ones. Before I...
  3. F

So Im realizing that now that I set this to 1 yes it stops picking up the item and duplicating but it isnt adding it to inventory anymore period. I guess Im trying the number 2? Changing to 2 didnt work. I think I might just use another variable and toggle it active and use it as a check...
  4. F

Different levels of volume for footsteps.

Ill keep looking at this, but yeah I have several other states setup with camera it adjusts with char height with the state system. What I was thinking was if I had a way to just have 10 surface effect assets varying on the scale 10 percent 20 30 etc and then where my script is already swapping...
  5. F

Is there anyway to change the volume of a surfaceeffect through script? Can you put an example code of that if there is?
  6. F

Thank you! Ive been stumbling around with this for a week LOL. I originally had the 1 in there but thought that might have been the culprit seeing how my other if statements work in unity. So when using var SchoolDressDefinition that isnt just a temp variable for this instance? Why I had var...
  7. F

Ok its this code Im tryng to use. Ive spent several days trying to figure this out but I cant make it work. public void AddSchoolGirlInventory() { var SchoolDressCheck = InventorySystemManager.GetItemDefinition("SchoolDress"); if (m_Inventory.HasItem((0, SchoolDressCheck)))...
  8. F

In my game the player shrinks and grows at different times depending on game play. I am getting around to work on the audio system with the footsteps and am using the Body Step mode and it is working for what I need now, I might look at setting up the trigger system in stead, read on another...
  9. F

Im still working on this, Unity crashed and undid some changes I think was leading to a fix and Ive not made it back to this. Probably be end of the week or the weekend before getting back to this error. Heres hoping I fixed it, twice... :)
  10. F

If Statement to check if item already in inventory?

What I ended up using. One example. Thanks for the help again. if (hit.collider.gameObject.name == "PoliceUniformGRD") { var PoliceUniformCheck = InventorySystemManager.GetItemDefinition("PoliceUniform"); if (m_Inventory.HasItem((0, PoliceUniformCheck))) {...
  11. F

I think I have this one fixed. Was my custom code. But I swear when I started on this it was duplicating stuff in the inventory panel but after fixing a line of code it seems to have stopped.
  12. F

Im getting close to having most of what I want working in my scenes now. I have put in code, but I need to test more, on my ground pickup items I had asked about in an earlier post to stop this BUT it is occuring now from the inventory panel window. When I select a clothing outfit thats in...
  13. F

Scene Setup - Inventory System Manager and Item Object Spawner Script issue

I have went back through the instructions again and they do say to do the scene setup on each scene I have in my game. When I do this, and save the scene, and I go to load the next scene what I just did gets deleted on the previous scene. I have checked and my Game Objects that are already in...
  14. F

OMG I feel like an idiot here, I had a semicolon after the if statement was all that was wrong. Sorry and thank!
  15. F

I just checked and yes its checked unique. Now how I set this up and maybe I have mis read something, I have an item definition and an item category of ClubDress. Should I seperate those names then? And this is a warning not an error and it just states that is a possible mistaken empty...